Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in July

geovalin

The volume of apparel imports into the US saw double-digit growth month-on-month in July as retailers stocked up for the back-to-school season, with the largest gain booked by Cambodia.

The latest figures from the Department of Commerce's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) show the volume of US apparel imports from all sources was up 16.6% month-on-month in July to 2.6bn square metre equivalents (SME). The figures for July also show a 2.17% rise in volume against the same month last year, and 5.4% growth in value terms year-on-year to $8.14bn.

In terms of individual supplier countries, five of the top-ten recorded a year-on-year increase in July, with Cambodia booking the largest growth.

read more https://www.just-style.com/analysis/cambodia-leads-us-apparel-import-growth-in-july_id134414.aspx

On 9/10/2018 at 2:57 PM, IAMHERE said:

I thought Cambodia hated America, why they sell to the imperialist? Hipocrits when it comes to the dollar.

I thought that to until I went there for a visit and found them to be almost oposite to this. I am not from the US but I am sure many peole there may have thought I was and they all treated me like Gold. I really enjoyed my visit to Cambodia.  

When you put your Bank Card into an ATM Machine there, it will give you Local Currency, or a choice of US Dollars. You can pay for most things in US Dollars like your Hotel Room, which is advisable as you cannot exchange Local Currency back when you leave. But you do need some Local Currency for small ticket items, like a Taxi, or Bottled Water.

But I was actually quite surprised that the Cambodians don't seem to like the Thais very much. Maybe it was just me that noriced this. Maybe from many years of being at war with Thailand in the past. But I did notice that they treated my Thai Wife much differently than I was being treated by the Cambodians.