My House Blessing In Phimai

catcrumpet

• 2 weeks later...

My first post on the forum :D

(you tube link .......just over 6 mins long )

:o Hope you didnt find the video to boring. It really is one of those "You had to be there situations"

Has anyone else got any footage of similar "Blessings" , marriage, good luck etc. I would be interested to compare !

My first post on the forum :D

(you tube link .......just over 6 mins long )

:o Hope you didnt find the video to boring. It really is one of those "You had to be there situations"

Has anyone else got any footage of similar "Blessings" , marriage, good luck etc. I would be interested to compare !

Don't have any footage but very similar to what I did before opening the small shop/cottage we build outside Uttaradit.

Lots of food at the end of the blessing ceremony and party in the evening.

Shame you havnt any footage i would of liked to have seen.

I was fortunate my brother was there to take the movie, no way i could have done because as you know myself and girlfriend were part of the ceremany aswell. No doubt your ceremany was the same.

I had 7 monks for the blessing , others i know of, had 9 monks.!! I know that odd numbers are lucky..........can anyone "enlighten" me on the significance of that ammount of monks. And could the same be achieved with say 3 monks ?

• 4 weeks later...
Shame you havnt any footage i would of liked to have seen.

I was fortunate my brother was there to take the movie, no way i could have done because as you know myself and girlfriend were part of the ceremany aswell. No doubt your ceremany was the same.

I had 7 monks for the blessing , others i know of, had 9 monks.!! I know that odd numbers are lucky..........can anyone "enlighten" me on the significance of that ammount of monks. And could the same be achieved with say 3 monks ?

I have also heard of the need of it to be an odd number. Also that the most there are the 'beter' it is but as they cost money 'around 100 baht each in my village' and they have to be fed and cared for, it depends on the status of the owner what he can afford to spend.

Here is a picture of what we did to bless the shop in 2005.

post-14577-1174171407_thumb.jpgpost-14577-1174171451_thumb.jpg[attachm

nt=27149:shop050702_05.JPG]

post-14577-1174171495_thumb.jpg

Sorry no video but we had a similar blessing party for our silver weddng anniversary at a friends house in Non Sa'aat out side of Udorn Thani .we bought 2 pigs a pickup full of lowkow and beer and had 2 days off eating and drinking with all the people from the 3 surrounding villages.it is the best party i can remember having without knowing who everyone was apart from our friends family.

Hi, yep i was lucky to have the ceremany videod by my brother.

Same here with us , a truck load of beer and food ,and the dreaded Lao Khow. I will never touch that stuff again. For those who havnt tried that drink "beware".........2 or 3 shots ........instant pissed !! :D

Cracking hangover in the morning :o

We like yourself enjoyed the party, we had about 70 guests , some of whome i have never seen before ........or again.!! :D