Canada/Australia consular service share in Phuket, Krabi and Phang Nga

webfact

Canada/Australia consular service share in Phuket, Krabi and Phang Nga

By The Thaiger

IMG_5851_2lowres.jpg

Canada and Australia have added Phuket, Krabi and Phrang Nga, to the Canada-Australia Shared Consular Services Agreement. Shared Consular Services are now found in 30 consular missions around the world.

The Canada and Australia Consular Services Sharing Agreement dates back to the principles that were agreed to by both countries in 1986, recognizing the similarities of our philosophies underlying the provision of consular services. The agreement means more points of service for Canadians and Australians abroad which in turn means quicker and easier access to emergency consular services, as well as more efficient use of public funds.

Canadians living or travelling in Phuket, Krabi and Phrang Nga can now contact the Australian Consulate-General in Phuket for emergency assistance services relating to:...

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/canada-australia-consular-service-share-in-phuket-krabi-and-phang-nga

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-09-20

Not sure what the British embassy will eventually do about consular services that requires a personal visit when wireless road is finally vacated.

Before my pension verification letter meant a visit, now thankfully it can be done using the postal service which was great news meaning no need to visit Bangkok, however that was short lived as now the embassy letter has to be verified by the ministry of foreign affairs in Nonthaburi.. so an annual trip is required again!

Two years ago I renewed my passport having to use the offices in Trendy building near to Nana area Soi 13

Yes very expensive to say the least and not very helpful!

1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

be lucky it is not the british embassy a passport is expensive and it goes to hongkong to be processed,then the uk i think.the embassy closed down wireless rd and sold it off.lucky you have one or a couple in thailand. the brit consulate in cm was closed years ago.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.
UK shuts ChiangMai Consulate - reduces Bangkok embassy & charges us the earth for anything & everything. At least some countries have consideration for their people.......

• Like 2