Renewal of one of my two UK passports From Thailand

I currently hold 2 x valid UK passports for business reasons (oil and gas industry) and one of my passports is getting quite full and I am planning to renew it but wondered if anyone else holding 2 valid UK passports has replaced one in Thailand recently and if there are any points to note or advice.

The last time I replaced a passport I did it by sending my passport to the UK and  used an address which was not my own and it required a letter from the recieving person to accept receipt of my passport, letter from my employer explaining why I require a second passport ( as always) lots of calls and emails and when I eventuall got it back I didn't get the 48 page version I had requested and paid for but I the standard passport and a reefund of the extra cost.

I have checked online and downloaded all the documentation and application forms to apply from Thailand but any info from someone who has recently gone through the process and their experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edited by esclub
typos

I have just renewed my second passport, same reason as you for offshore work.

Letter from your employer stating the reason why you require your second passport, Visas for traveling to work.

Passport application, every page copied in both of your passports, in colour. 

Confirmation of your address in Thailand.

Go on line and make an appointment, give 2 dates, payment is made on line. they will send you an appointment, go to trendy building sukhumvit 13, go to deck on first floor and take elevator to 8th floor.

From putting in application I got my passport back in 10 days.

I found the personnel at the passport office very helpful and the service they provide was very good.

Hope this helps.

Regards Geordie

Edited by geordie
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, geordie said:

I have just renewed my second passport, same reason as you for offshore work.

Letter from your employer stating the reason why you require your second passport, Visas for traveling to work.

Passport application, every page copied in both of your passports, in colour. 

Confirmation of your address in Thailand.

Go on line and make an appointment, give 2 dates, payment is made on line. they will send you an appointment, go to trendy building sukhumvit 13, go to deck on first floor and take elevator to 8th floor.

From putting in application I got my passport back in 10 days.

I found the personnel at the passport office very helpful and the service they provide was very good.

Hope this helps.

Regards Geordie

Thanks for your reply, sounds like a straighforward process and very fast too!