Build a Marina in Thailand

There are the various Marinas in Phuket and  Krabi.  I am living on an island that does not yet have a Marina.

What are the steps to establish / make a Marina, from choosing a good location to building it and registering with the local authority ?

A guy I know had a beachfront resort, ok technically his wife did, and once investigated building a small slipway with a jetty and a few moorings, mainly just for him and a boat he wanted to build. At first nobody wanted to talk to them about it, kept passing the buck to other departments but once he had got approval from the local amphur (on the 2nd time around) then everybody wanted to butt in, perhaps because he slipped something under the table to the amphur and others wanted a bit of the action. Marine Dept decided they controlled it because it went below the high water mark, then Nat. parks and/or environment, then Labour and industry got wind a foreigner was financing it so they should control it. Navy thought it might affect national security.......

Naturally everybody had different ideas about what was acceptable or desirable, so in the end he gave up on the idea.

Just warning about what you might encounter .....

I would suggest the first step would be to have a chat with the local amphur's head honcho.