When Should I Should I Apply For Non-o?

I'm planning to get married and applying for a Non-O within the next six months or so, and was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to when would be the best time--considering my travel plans....

I'm going back to the states in about 6 weeks and could get married before I go, and then apply at a consulate in the US before i return to thailand.

However, soon after I come back to Thailand, I need to go to Cambodia for a few days. Will this affect my application in anyway?

Would it just make more sense to wait until I'm back from Cambodia and start from scratch by applying for a visa from Singapore or KL?

Also, is there a waiting period after the marriage date before someone can apply for a Non-O?

Thanks.

Get married. Go home and apply to Honorary Royal Thai Consulate for a multi entry non immigrant O visa using copy of marriage certificate. Return to Thailand and stamp in for 90 days on each entry for up to a year. When/if you want to extend your stay in country at Immigration using the 40k family income you can do so on any entry with 3-4 week remaining on permitted to stay stamp. Be aware that very few Consulates in the area will provide more than a single entry non immigrant O visa these days so very good to make use of the trip home to do this unless you are sure you can meet the extension of stay requirements from Immigration.