What is the best airline frequent flyer program for Thailand based travelers?

Dibbler

I have been a member of THAI Royal Orchid Plus for more than 20 years but recently they made their awards and upgrade redemptions very expensive.  At the same time I could never quite accumulate 50K miles in one year to get Star Alliance Gold.  So I started with Asiana Club (FF program of Korea-based Asiana Airlines) and within 14 months had accumulated 40K miles and got upgraded to Asiana Diamond, equivalent of Star Alliance Gold, valid for a further 2 years and 10 months.  Asiana Club has many advantages over THAI ROP.  

Here are the details on Asiana Club elite levels:
Asiana Silver: By joining Asiana Club, you automatically become a Silver member. 

Asiana Gold: Achieved with 20,000 Asiana or Star Alliance miles or 30 Asiana flights accumulated over 2 years.  Equivalent to Star Alliance Silver status, 5,000-mile discount on one award flight, two business lounge passes, 5 percent mile bonus on Asiana flights, dedicated elite member check-in counter, 10kg extra baggage allowance
Asiana Diamond: Achieved with 40,000 Asiana or Star Alliance miles or 50 Asiana flights accumulated over 2 years.  Equivalent to Star Alliance Gold status, free lounge access for member and a guest, one discount coupon for a 50 percent discount on a miles upgrade or a 10,000-mile discount on an award ticket, 10 percent mile bonus on Asiana flights, 20kg extra baggage allowance, access to business class check-in counter
Asiana Diamond Plus: Achieved with Asiana or Star Alliance miles 100,000 miles or 100 Asiana flights accumulated over 2 years.  Peak season award prices are waived, free access to the first class lounge for member and a guest, two discount coupons, 15 percent mile bonus on Asiana flights, access to first class check-in, 30kg luggage allowance on Asiana flights, lifetime membership after 500,000 miles or 500 boardings
Asiana Platinum: Achieved with Asiana or Star Alliance miles 1,000,000 miles, or 1000 Asiana flights accumulated over 2 years.  Two discount coupons for every 100,000 miles flown, 20 percent mile bonus on Asiana flights, lifetime membership

You can accumulate Asiana miles on a large number of partners, including Air Astana, Etihad and Qatar.  The tables are here.

Interested to hear which frequent flyer programs other Thailand based travelers use, and why.  

• Like 1

In the past air miles had good perks. I faithfully used airlines that are in One World program Now they’ve made rewards,upgrades  more complex with restrictions. 

Airlines (Non One World)  merging resulting in more people in the same pot so less rewards,difficultly to book reward month less. American Airlines merged with US Airways is an example. 

Traveled internationally a lot until last 3 years and had 1.6 million miles on One World with that you get One World Gold for life. 

Flown once this year domestic. Usually if a short flight (1 hour or less) 

Will use the least expensive and the area I need to go to BKK or DMK as long as they’re flying fairly new aircraft. 

Hate taxis as long can get to rail service to will use rail. Do to rip offs and horrendous traffic. Taxi rip off happens in many countries. 

Shanghai high speed rail to center of town. Made the trip by taxi many

times. Going down the escalator to taxi area a driver runs to get me and my bags. I noticed meter was unplugged.

Got to destination and he tried charging triple the price. I told him what the price sold be handed him the money he argued. Got out walked over to a policeman and driver quickly took the right amount.  

There isn't a good or bad plan i think. You just have to stick with the one what is the most convenient for you.

I checked "your" plan and if i fly on the same dates as with TA it would cost me between 200€ and 300€ more to get in Thailand. And i also be longer on my way.

So for me this isn't a good one at all.

With the changes of the mileage requirements and how one needs to book in advance for those free seats on board I can no longer be bothered to  be “loyal “ to one carrier. I go on line and find the most reasonable flight with decent connections for my 22 hour long haul. 

• Thanks 1