Internet Service Upgrade VDSL to Fiber

BobTH

TOT recently wired in fiber to my apartment building and I am having it installed this Friday or next Monday. I signed for the 100/50 MB package.   I am now operating on VDSL 40/10 MB speed with a DLINK DSL 2870A Wi-Fi modem. I stream to a TV android box using the Wi-Fi, all in all it is working well with very little buffering but I decided to upgrade because it is virtually the same price as I was paying for the VDSL.

I am unable to have my computer sit very close to where the VDSL wall junction is located and I have about a 7 or 8 meter ( 25ft. ) Cat 5 LAN cable I am using now. Will I be able to use this for the new fiber optic service that will be installed this Friday or do I need to get a new type cable before they come. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have never had fiber and I am clueless. Thanks in advance.

The fibre is only up to your router. Then you connect your PC via CAT cable or WiFi. I have one PC connected upstairs via a 20 metre CAT 6 cable (Lazada Bht 180) and get the full 110 Mb/s. If I connect it via WiFi it 'slows down' to 50Mb/s

Fibre will come from the street and into a new modem/router the same as your phone line/vdsl currently does. you will connect to the new modem/router either by wifi or Ethernet (LAN) cables.

Does this connection require a one year contract?    When a former neighbor told me how wonderful his internet was he forgot to mention he signed a required  one year contract in order to get it.   He moved shortly after I did and I wonder  what his cost were to transfer that service to his new residence?

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

Does this connection require a one year contract?    When a former neighbor told me how wonderful his internet was he forgot to mention he signed a required  one year contract in order to get it.   He moved shortly after I did and I wonder  what his cost were to transfer that service to his new residence?

No contract, but I have been with TOT for seven years. The 100/50 MB package is 700 a month, not sure if that includes taxes or not. And I think there is a 2000 baht installation fee, one time. All the equipment is free and loaned to you unlike the VDSL, where I had to buy the modem.