TM30 in Chiang Mai after leaving the province

I am living in Chiang Mai, where I own my own condo, and I used to do my TM30 registration at the Promenada immigration office every time I had left the province or the country.  Today, I went to the new immigration office next to Chiang Mai airport, with my passport and the old TM30 registration slip stapled in it.  Counter number one is now dealing with the TM30.  I asked the officer there if there was a queing number (the machine by the entrance was out of order) and she asked to see my passport.  I gave it to her, she looked at the last visa (valid until November), and told me that I had already my TM30.  I explained that I was away from the province the last 5 days, in Bangkok and on a road trip, and she answered that I only need to update the TM30 if I am coming back from ABROAD, not from a trip within Thailand.  This is new for me, does anybody have had the same experience?  I was in and out in less than 3 minutes.  This would really be a big improvement if they keep it this way.

18 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Every office makes up its own rules on how the TM-30 is enforced, and these have changed over time.  Thanks for letting us know what they are saying (currently) at the Chang Mai airport office - which could help others in the same situation.

This was the purpose of my post ????