Beloved Brit found dead in Thailand hotel room

Screenshot-2024-05-17-113647.jpg

A 47 year old machine operator from Pontypridd, South Wales was found dead in his hotel room in Thailand, leaving family and friends devastated.

Simon Brown, known as Browny, was discovered lifeless last Saturday, and an investigation into his untimely death is underway. Loved ones describe their state as one of total shock and sadness, as there were no prior indications of ill health. A close friend, Mark Davies, expressed the disbelief shared by many.

“It’s just a total shock, it was so unexpected. He wasn’t ill. There was nothing wrong with him. Everyone knew him. He was a crazy bloke – really outgoing and always up for a laugh.”

The Welshman was a well-known figure in Trallwn, celebrated for his zest for life and frequent travels to Thailand, a country he adored. His family is now facing the daunting task of repatriating his body, a process that is both lengthy and expensive. They have launched a fundraising appeal to raise £10,000 (approximately 460,000 baht), with over £2,000 already contributed.

Davies elaborated on Simon’s life, highlighting his hard-working nature and passion for travel.

“He was a hard worker as a machine operator and when he wasn’t working he was always on holiday. In particular, he loved going to Thailand. We don’t know anything at the moment as to the circumstances around it. It only happened on Saturday so we know very little.

“We are asking all those who knew and loved Browny to help us bring him back home. As a family, we are now trying to bring Simon back home so that we can lay him to rest at his home in Swansea. Thanks to all those who have reached out and sent messages of condolence, and we appreciate any help you can give.”

The GoFundMe campaign, created on Wednesday, has seen an outpouring of support, with nearly 50 donations, including one generous contribution of £500, reported Mirror UK.

The Thai authorities have yet to disclose the cause of death or where he was in Thailand when he died.

Photo courtesy of Simon Browny Brown GoFundMe page

Source: The Thaiger 2024-05-17

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 7
  • Sad 8

20 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Does the average, healthy 47 year old male need to use the blue pills?

Yep and I get repeatedly disbelieved at 64 that I have never taken one in my life simply because Percy still works normally when the need arises lol

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Yep and I get repeatedly disbelieved at 64 that I have never taken one in my life simply because Percy still works normally when the need arises lol

How well do you think 64 yo Percy would work with a horny 20 yo?

I don't want my body repatriated. Keep it simple, cremate me here.

Edited by Lacessit

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

yes,  but it doesn't say in Bangkok, Phuket or where ....  it also mentions he wasn't ill or sick at all and there was nothing wrong with him,  many questions unanswered .....   

Isn't that normal for the usual p1ss poor reporting, but don't fret too much as it will come in as suicide. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

You know my sisters live a pretty nice life in the US. Big house, cars, etc.  And I know for a fact they would not have the money to get me back if I died.  Not a dime between them. But, drive a new car, home all.  Hence GFM.  Sounds like the situation is the same in England.

Couldn't they sell some possessions ?

How do they live a nice life with no money to spare ?

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Couldn't they sell some possessions ?

How do they live a nice life with no money to spare ?

Why, when they can get someone else to pay for it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1