Korat man killed by live wire used to fend off stray dogs

webfact

Korat man killed by live wire used to fend off stray dogs

By The Nation

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPFCWQUtS3SVrHxA5cPZFCnp1huBSS.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A 67-year-old man died in Nakhon Ratchasima's Si Khiew district when he was electrocuted by a live wire he set up to fend off stray dogs who were attacking his chickens.

Police were alerted on Thursday morning when Wirat Duangsong was found dead at his house in Moo 7 village in Tambon Si Khiew of Si Khiew district.

His right arm was burned.

Wirat's neighbours said he surrounded his house with a live electrical wire to prevent dogs from coming onto his property to attack his chickens. He might have touched the wire accidentally, police said.

His body was sent to the district hospital for a post mortem.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355785

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-04

Sad, guess he took some of his own medicine intended for dogs. He should have put a transformator between it so it would not be fatal to people or dogs. 

It could have been someone else dying because of him, a child or someone else. Real dangerous to use to do it this way.

6 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

What about the poor chickens, don't care about their rights?  The poor fluffy cute yellow chicks, the loyal egg laying hens, and the brave roosters... now they will be ripped apart, and viciously murdered by the horrible gang of evil dogs.

Seriously... your post is out of order to wish such a death on the old man.  He was trying to protect his property and did probably did not have the money to buy livestock electric fences (although his idea of the live wire was obviously a stupid mistake on his part).

At first I thought that it was intentional the not using a transformer, but it could just be poverty or even worse he really did not know. But its a bit hard to imagine that people would not know something like this. I am not a sparky but even I know this.

2 hours ago, missoura said:

Occasionally, while out and about I will see rural homes that run the main electrical wire along a fence to the house. Not, what I would do.

But what you show in the image is 99% likely isolated stuff (220 V).

You see these about everywhere.

Sure not best practice but not more dangerous than an extension cord.

Instant karma.  Could have very easily been a little kid who kicked his ball, or whatever, into the wrong area and gets killed instantly trying to retrieve it. 

I wonder if these geniuses are fully cognizant that their efforts could kill someone so indiscriminately, or if they think it'll just give the target a healthy zap and teach them a lesson.  

Just a few weeks ago, article about the fish pond owner who laid live wires to prevent people from stealing his fish.  I get it but jeez, it's the ultimate penalty for a relatively minor crime.   What's next?  Blindfolded and shot by firing squad for running a red traffic signal?

what a stupid and dangerous thing to do, he could easily have installed a proper non lethal solution for his problem but no, if he had brains he'd be dangerous

Just as well it was only him that fell victim to his own reckless stupidity 

5 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Madness, as Robblok said all he needed was a transformer,but then of course he would have to spend a few baht,and also as another poster said could have killed innocent person,no sympathy chap was an idiot.

He probably had no idea what he should do. Far too many people in Thailand do dangerous stuff with no real idea what they are doing.

5 hours ago, blackhorse said:

My insane east European father raised chickens and ducks in suburban Sydney oz 50 years ago

2 cats were killing the baby chick's so he set up a rifle on a tripod and shot them both. Crazy but efficient

Bang

Archived