Advice re LG home air-conditioner repairs

scorecard

Our house (Don Chan area) has several LG inverter air conditioners, all correct BTU output for the room sizes, all installed about 4 years ago, all have been serviced / cleaned regularly.

About 6 weeks ago one of the bedroom units failed (big bedroom / big BTU), the first two teams who came to look said they didn't know what was wrong. The third team did a more thorough inspection of the inside and outside units then said the electric motor in the compressor had totally failed and beyond repair, they went back to their office did some checking, then called back to my D-I-L to say it would take 4 to 5 weeks to get a replacement motor, estimated price motor and installation was 5,000Baht. My Thai adult son then called back and they don't want the job.

Start again, another air-con team come, they find the same problem, motor in compressor failed. They check and advice there is no stock or replacement compressor motors in Thailand, will take 6 to 8 weeks to come from Korea, extra charges etc., for import, estimated total price 8,000Baht. This morning they called back they can't make any progress to order the motor, they don't want the job.

I called LG service in Bkk, they say customers cannot call LG service direct in Chiang Mai. They will investigate and call back, about 1 month.

Any suggestions or recommendations much appreciated. 

I am sure one of the local air conditioning shops can find a replacement motor or compressor unit.

Also a word of advise - especially during the rainy season check and spray your outdoor compressor units as ants fleeing the water love to make them their home and can destroy them as blades don’t turn and electric motors burn out!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, boonrawdcnx said:

I am sure one of the local air conditioning shops can find a replacement motor or compressor unit.

Also a word of advise - especially during the rainy season check and spray your outdoor compressor units as ants fleeing the water love to make them their home and can destroy them as blades don’t turn and electric motors burn out!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks.

Archived