TNSC wants Thai Govt to build dry ports

webfact

TNSC wants Govt to build dry ports

PNECO611011001000201.jpg

BANGKOK, 11th October 2018 (NNT)- The Thai National Shippers’ Council (TNSC) has urged the government to build dry ports across the country to lower transportation costs for exporters. 

TNSC President Ms. Kanyapak Tantipipatpong says that despite the export growth forecast of 9% this year, exporters are still coping with rising transportation costs which are triggered by traffic jams and rising fuel prices. 

Ms. Kanyapak is urging the government to speed up infrastructure projects to ease traffic congestion in front of sea ports and build dry ports to shorten the time it takes to process export goods. Transportation costs in the export sector account for 14.5% of the GDP. 

Deputy Director of the Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning Mrs. Wilairat Sirisophonsilp has advised the industry that a study on the development of dry ports is being conducted to ensure the efficiency of the transportation system in Thailand and to promote Thailand as a regional logistic hub.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-10-11

On 10/11/2018 at 3:36 PM, bluesofa said:

I suppose it will be different to dry sherry.

Actually, dry white port, over ice in a frosted glass is a jolly nice drink!

Can't get the stuff here sadly.

As a bear of very little brain, could someone explain just what a "dry port" in this context, is?

5 minutes ago, JAG said:

Actually, dry white port, over ice in a frosted glass is a jolly nice drink!

Can't get the stuff here sadly.

As a bear of very little brain, could someone explain just what a "dry port" in this context, is?

Dear Winnie,

I've never had white port, the best I can remember was the Taylors Late Vintage Port.

I get the impression a dry port is more like a distribution point for goods after they have cleared customs, thereby having easier access to road and rail links.

Yours, Piglet

Archived