Facebook launches new property rental service in Thailand

webfact

Facebook launches new property rental service in Thailand

1516813542323.jpg

People in Thailand will soon able to use Facebook to search for property for rent.

The social media giant has teamed up with a number of property sites including Dot Property and Hipflat to launch its Property for Rent service, which is part of Facebook Marketplace.

The new service is available in both Thai and English and is free to use.

It is currently being trialed by a small number of users but will eventually be rolled out to all of Thailand’s 51 million Facebook users over the next four weeks.

To access the new feature, login to your Facebook account, go to Marketplace and select Property for Rent.

From there you can filter different types of property based on price, location, size and other features.

Users then use the service to contact the property owners direct.

Facebook has chosen Thailand as the first country in the Asia-Pacific to launch its new Property for Rent service.

The service is already available in the US, UK and Canada.

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-12

I doubt they will offer anything different to the current and numerous online booking sites.
I won't be using it as I think Zuckerberg already has too much money and influence. 
Huh? It's free! You need glasses or what?

"Facebook has chosen Thailand as the first country in the Asia-Pacific to launch its new Property for Rent service."

Shows us where the best place in South East Asia is to rent out a property!

2 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

Huh? It's free! You need glasses or what?

"Facebook has chosen Thailand as the first country in the Asia-Pacific to launch its new Property for Rent service."

Shows us where the best place in South East Asia is to rent out a property!

Facebook is free to use but has given Zuckerberg massive wealth and influence. I would expect he is expanding the property rental service to expand his wealth and influence. More users and charges to the people renting out property through his portal. 

There are many reasons why Thailand may have been chosen to roll this out in Asia. I doubt it being the best place in SE Asia to rent out a property is the main factor.

Facebook is free to use but has given Zuckerberg massive wealth and influence. I would expect he is expanding the property rental service to expand his wealth and influence. More users and charges to the people renting out property through his portal. 
There are many reasons why Thailand may have been chosen to roll this out in Asia. I doubt it being the best place in SE Asia to rent out a property is the main factor.

What makes you angry about success? If probably one of the most successful guys on the planet [emoji290] points to Thailand and says this is where I'm launching my home stay service then you better believe he did his home work.

Beware zuckerberg’s monster. Nothing it does is for anyone’s benefit but his. 
Nonsense. If you were a landlord and booked through his generous free service how would you not benefit from that?

Air bnb charge and that's why they are a 60 billion dollar company! Facebook will seriously challenge them being free

2 hours ago, webfact said:

To access the new feature, login to your Facebook account, go to Marketplace and select Property for Rent

Not free.  You have to have a facebook setup which means you are subject to his advertizing.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

This should mean that anonymous short time rooms are out of the question.

Don't worry, he is just like any government.  As soon as he can figure out a way to make money from it and tax it then he will be in there. :cheesy:

Marketplace in the Facebook app (iOS) isn’t any good.

- No sorting options.

- Price filtering on renting homes jumps directly from 0 to 16k. Nothing in between if you’re looking for something around lets say 10k. Happy scrolling.

- Price filtering on buying homes is useless. Jumps from 300k to 600k+. Just about everything listed cost way above 600k. There are no way to narrow down your price range above 600k.

- No filter for buy/rent Land.

- No filter for business and storage listings, so its all mixed up with homes.

- Too many incorrect pricings (฿1, ฿9 etc.), “Message seller for price” and unrelated listings (including moving companies, home repair, home builders, buy/rent mixups, per day/month pricing mixups and even farmers selling fruits).

- If you want to rent somewhere very specific, a region within a city or an island, then good luck, but on the bright side maybe you’ll find a nice villa on an neighboring island lol

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

12 hours ago, blackhorse said:

What makes you angry about success? If probably one of the most successful guys on the planet emoji290.png points to Thailand and says this is where I'm launching my home stay service then you better believe he did his home work.

Nothing wrong with succes. That said Zuckerberg has more than enough money in my opinion. For people like him it is more about control and power than money  Too much power in the hands of unelected people can be a dangerous thing.

What I do dislike about him is how he manipulates and effectively censors FB to suit his own agenda. The selling of information doesn't do much for me either. 

6 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

Nothing wrong with succes. That said Zuckerberg has more than enough money in my opinion. For people like him it is more about control and power than money  Too much power in the hands of unelected people can be a dangerous thing.

What I do dislike about him is how he manipulates and effectively censors FB to suit his own agenda. The selling of information doesn't do much for me either. 

Too much power in the hands of elected people can be more dangerous.

Archived