Condo ownership transfer requirements.

I am selling my condo to a friend question

1/ What do I need to take to the land office to make the sale.

2/ What is required by the land office from the purchaser.

I know I should know this but I'm getting old and I can't remember what was required when I bought the place.

Thanks.

As seller, your chanote, also the document from the condo office showing fees paid and in foreign quota etc. For the buyer, the FET showing funds from outside Thailand, cashiers cheque etc. ID/passports etc for both parties and funds to cover the transfer cost.

15 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

As seller, your chanote, also the document from the condo office showing fees paid and in foreign quota etc. For the buyer, the FET showing funds from outside Thailand, cashiers cheque etc. ID/passports etc for both parties and funds to cover the transfer cost.

So no proof of residence from immigration.

Thanks for your quick reply. 

8 minutes ago, ukbiker said:

So no proof of residence from migration.

Thanks for your quick reply. 

I cant recall a Res cert being required, or even a long stay visa as you dont need to even be in Thailand to buy or sell, lots do it using an agent or POA.

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I cant recall a Res cert being required, or even a long stay visa as you dont need to even be in Thailand to buy or sell, lots do it using an agent or POA.

Thanks

5 hours ago, bushwacker said:

Can the purchaser bring in the money say over 1 year with the FET document identifying the money is for condo purchase.  So a situation where 10 FET documents of certain amounts adding up to the purchase price and then presented to the land office?

Yes that is acceptable. 

The Land Dept will want to see proof of payment for the condo as well, more for confirming the basis for fees and taxes. 

Don't forget to hand over the blue book, ie the address book to the new owner.

Archived