Low life falang scammer targeting Thais

gaviny

This guy tells them he's collecting monies owed to his late father in Malaysia from Oetronas .Sends all the docos and photos and then ask the ladies for $800 to top up $10000 cash he needs to open a Malaysian bank account so the cheque can be deposited.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Edited by CharlieH
Containing nane removed.
  • Haha 1

I used to date a lady who worked in a massage shop...I was surprised to hear that it was a common occurrence for a Farang to come into her shop on the pretense of looking for massage ladies to work in their home countries (Europeans in this case). All expenses paid except their plane ticket....the rest is obvious, no need to explain here. One lady who "forfeited" her money to one of these guys ..would not even go back to work at her shop ..she felt so stupid for having been taken in.

PS. I told her to at least warn the gals to at least get a copy of a passport as a 1st. step in future before parting with any money

Edited by dotpoom

I can't believe how badly these document fakes were done. You can literally see the cut&paste was done in MS Paint. It's unbelievable people fall for this shit.

On a side note, it seems the e-ticket number in the flight ticket wasn't altered. So if the ticket didn't just come from Google picture search the police might actually be able to find the perpetrator.

Edited by wump

5 minutes ago, wump said:

I can't believe how badly these document fakes were done. You can literally see the cut&paste was done in MS Paint. Unbelievable people fall for this shit.

There's nothing unbelievable that rural farmer types who have never used a PC before might be convinced by this. Note though the comma between the dollars and cents, hmmm.

Edited by simoh1490

Maybe first time internet users should get some leaflet that

- the Nigerian prince didn't leave his $25 million inheritance to random people around the world for a $500 fee

- they are not the 2,000,000th visitor on Google

- they didn't just win an iPhone

- their computer isn't really infected with a super-virus

People have common sense. They wouldn't give 20,000 Baht for some bullshit story from a motobike taxi driver. Why do they do it on the internet? 

10 minutes ago, wump said:

I can't believe how badly these document fakes were done. You can literally see the cut&paste was done in MS Paint. It's unbelievable people fall for this shit.

Greed is a powerful force, and Thais in particular are easily impressed by displays of wealth, or what they think might be wealth.

The question should really be, "why do people believe they can get something for nothing"? That's the big mystery here.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, gaviny said:

On second thoughts I'm sure he is a Nigerian somewhere in Bangkok.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I don't think you should be posting peoples names like this. If there's a crime, then you should report to the police. In anycase, the name you posted could be an innocent person's name unaware it's being used by scammers. 

• Like 1

I find it difficult to comprehend that there are still idiots out there being taken in by these scams. I receive about 20 spam mails per day from scammers and that`s where they belong in the junk mail box. After a week they self delete.

The scammers play on people`s greed and those that believe they will get something for nothing. This is why I have no sympathies for the fools that get reeled in by these con tricksters. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I find it difficult to comprehend that there are still idiots out there being taken in by these scams. I receive about 20 spam mails per day from scammers and that`s where they belong in the junk mail box. After a week they self delete.

The scammers play on people`s greed and those that believe they will get something for nothing. This is why I have no sympathies for the fools that get reeled in by these con tricksters. 

Just because they are as not as worldly-wise or scammer-aware as you does not make them idiots. From my past experiences in making life hard for scammers, some quite smart people fall for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Time Traveller said:

I don't think you should be posting peoples names like this. If there's a crime, then you should report to the police. In anycase, the name you posted could be an innocent person's name unaware it's being used by scammers. 

Scammers also like to hide behind institution's names, like HSBC or HMRC, and these institutions could sue you for defamation.

It’s all greed and lust for free money which is widely seen here... judging people by appearance rather than by their character or nature is pretty common everywhere.. a long time back a wise man once told me “ if any one expects any thing for free then that person is a beggar” ... I have read and know people who are teachers and government employees with some graduate level education parting with several thousands to hundreds of thousands in return for free millions on their way... how foolish.. it’s ignorance and sometimes arrogance too that end them up in such situations.. they never learn ..