Immigration deputy inspector killed in Ubon Ratchathani road accident

webfact

Immigration deputy inspector killed in Ubon Ratchathani road accident

By The Nation

ubon.jpg

File photo//Google maps

A deputy inspector of Ubon Ratchathani Immigration Office was killed when his pickup truck hit the rear of a 10-wheel truck in the northeastern province on Thursday morning.

Police said Pol Capt Pirasak Vejkama, 36, was killed on Sathit Nimarnkal Road in Tambon Boong Malaeng in Sawang Weerawong district.

Rescue workers took 30 minutes to remove Pirasak from the wreckage of the vehicle.

The truck driver, Somjit Wongsawaek, 39, said he was about to make a right turn into a soi when he heard a loud noise at the back of his truck. He checked and found that a pickup had hit the rear of his truck and the driver had died.

Police said they will gather more information before deciding whether to press charges against the truck driver.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356685

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-18

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thursday morning

Very vague.

Was it still dark?

I bet so.

Answering own question from Thai source (pictures): of course in the dark and the rusty truck does not look like having exemplary lighting.

The pickup totally crushed, hard to recognize as such.

Must have hit with high speed and nearly no breaking.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, keith101 said:

the only excuse is if it was pitch black at night without street lighting or lights on the truck . 

From own experience bad lighting, no reflectors often contribute much.

Some of the trucks have worse lighting than bicycles in western cities.

It's such a shame as reflectors/sheets would not cost a fortune.

And of course proper lights, checked regularly.

Just fantasizing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said they will gather more information before deciding whether to press charges against the truck driver.

Unfortunatey due to corrupution, when I read the words 'gather more information' I tend to wonder if that is about the incident or something else

Edited by RichardColeman

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Unfortunatey due to corrupution, when I read the words 'gather more information' I tend to wonder if that is about the incident or something else

"Information" AKA money? ????

(Damn, I can be such a sceptic at times.)

22 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have seen many vehicles using old CDs as reflectors on the back of all sorts of slow moving stuff.

I've seen a few elephants knocking around Surin with old CD's dangling from their tails on a length of string.

No indicators either...

Very sad.

This past Tuesday (Oct 16) I went to the Ubon Immigration Office to extend my one-year stay permit.

I have it done for years in BKK; first in Suan Phlu then in Chaeng Wattana but since this was my first time doing it in Ubon the TGF and I had to go through an "interview". This dead officer was sitting next to the one doing the interview. Everybody there were very friendly so I'm shocked that this smiling officer is now so brutally gone.

Edited by jayceenik
  • Sad 1