Attack in Bangkok department store toilets highlights need for security checks, police

webfact

Attack in Bangkok department store toilets highlights need for security checks, police

10pm.jpg

Picture: INN

Police in Bangkok have said that the attack on a 50 year old man in the toilets of a Bangkapi store highlights the need for security checks.

Theerapong Wongratphithak of the Region 4 metropolitan police agreed that people should be searched for weapons before entering public places like department stores. 

Plain clothes officers mingling among the public were also important in the fight against crime, he said. 

Natthakarn Feuangkhajorn, 50 was attacked in the store toilets with a double part club.

The attacker - 22 year old student Chuchart or "Tonwan" - is in custody. 

The Lat Prao police chief said that the Rachada court had ordered him held in custody. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-18

Hope that there was a "reason" for the savage attack.. (that of course does not justify)......if it was a random attack, to target any victim, it's scary and worrying for such things to happen as such in Thailand.......

......until the public gets a clear answer, I'm going to poo in the parking lots of the malls, as the toilets are to risky !

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Theerapong Wongratphithak of the Region 4 metropolitan police agreed that people should be searched for weapons before entering public places like department stores. 

Ridiculous, so they walk in with nothing  go to the cutlery section pick up a knife and then stab someone.

Anything's a  weapon if you want it to be although using Mr Wongratphitaks brain  to beat someone to death might  be classed as not.

14 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Hope that there was a "reason" for the savage attack.. (that of course does not justify)......if it was a random attack, to target any victim, it's scary and worrying for such things to happen as such in Thailand.......

......until the public gets a clear answer, I'm going to poo in the parking lots of the malls, as the toilets are to risky !

Next to the Chinese then????

15 hours ago, observer90210 said:

The amount of Thais I see urinating and pooing on the side of the road - many times with less than 200 yards to an actual toilet - you'll fit in nicely

I remember the day (some time ago in the 80's) where the mere mention of installing a cctv anywhere was met with resistance claiming it was Orwellian.

Having gotten older, my position has somewhat changed (have cctv's around my house) but the way we are going as a society really makes me realize that we are sacrificing security for safety.

Prolly will come and bite us in the arse some day.

Archived