Phuket lifeguard corruption probe ‘to take six months’

snoop1130

Phuket lifeguard corruption probe ‘to take six months’

By The Phuket News

1540210050_1-org.jpg

A ragged red ’no swimming’ flag flutters on Patong Beach. Photo: The Phuket news / file

PHUKET:-- The investigation by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) into alleged corruption in the hiring of a company to provide lifeguards on Phuket’s beaches will take at least 180 days, The Phuket News was told today (Oct 22).

Region 8 Police submitted the results of their preliminary investigation into alleged corruption over a government contract issued to provide lifeguards at Phuket’s beaches to the NACC in Bangkok on Sept 13.

In confirming that the case had been referred to NACC, Region 8 Police Deputy Commander of Investigation Col Arnon Dashrugsa noted, “We have found that the corruption allegations do have merit.”

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-lifeguard-corruption-probe-to-take-six-months-69067.php#A2t8uRXQDKTJ6h4Y.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-10-22

"NACC Phuket Chief Preechanun Pumlek today also confirmed, “The request (for an investigation) is our task now. We received this letter in October.”

Mr Preechanun declined to confirm on which date the request was received by his office.

He also declined to identify the parties named in the complaint.

“It is about ‘finding the truth’,” he said.

“I am not able to reveal details yet. It is our responsibility. We have to finish this process in 180 days. We will do our best,” he added."

I'm a fortune teller: In six months the conclusion will be that "there was evidence of corruption, but it was not possible to discover who exactly was at fault. Therefore no one was able to be prosecuted or named for legal reasons. It is recommended that the tendering process is started again, despite Phuket having having had no real lifeguards for more than a year."

My fee: 20 Baht.

I know of two people who are guilty.the person allocating the funds and contract.the other is the receiver of those funds and contract.a few more Chinese rolling up on the beaches in the next month might get things moving.bloody disgraceful the way this has turned out.as for this nacc they should all be fired.they come across as the most corrupt of them all.look at the prawit watches scandle that just got swept under the carpet.all they had to do was take a sworn statement from him.confiscate the watches and trace the purchase of them through the serial numbers.this sort of crap goes on in full view of the people of the country so what goes on under the table and behind closed doors is frightening.the army,police,government officials have all got their noses in the troughs of public money and woofing it down in the billions.if I was in charge of this country the first minute I would order a massive prison with huge walls and cells with no windows and name it HMP HELL and fill the bugger to the brim with these traitors to the state.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:57 PM, ronaldo0 said:

And in about a year there will be an investigation into the investigation !! Like a hamster on a wheel !!

"investigations " are the carrot on a stick that gives the suckers hope justice will  be served 

Archived