Retirement Visa

NO! Have you been reading these threads? Thailand needs proof that you are BRINGING INTO THAILAND an average of 65,000 per month, or that you have 800,000 in a Thai bank account. Theyre not interested in what you have back home, they want to see that youre bringing money into the country to cover your lifestyle. OK?

NO! Have you been reading these threads? Thailand needs proof that you are BRINGING INTO THAILAND an average of 65,000 per month, or that you have 800,000 in a Thai bank account. Theyre not interested in what you have back home, they want to see that youre bringing money into the country to cover your lifestyle. OK?
That's what I figured. I go to savanaket for my marriage visa they don't ask for financial proof

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John Chiang Mai said:

I am from America, retired living in Thailand. Regarding income verification, I think Thailand Immigration should accept American Bank Statements as proof of income.

Unless things actually change you can still do a income affidavit to prove your income.

They might accept a bank statements showing income going it your account as back up proof for the affidavit if needed at immigration. 

It’ll be interesting to see how this new change plays out.  I’m getting ready to return to SE Asia for retirement and will need to comply with whatever requirements they come up with.  I actually receive about 2x the required amount every month, not including investment income, so transferring the 65,000 baht per month wouldn’t be a problem, as I would normally spend more than that anyway.  Alternatively, I suppose I could just wire in the 800,000.  Anyway, for planning purposes it would be nice to have a clear and unambiguous set of rules.  

infeel sorry for all the people caught up in a mess.  Imagine having property and then having to leave. 

It’ll be interesting to see how this new change plays out.  I’m getting ready to return to SE Asia for retirement and will need to comply with whatever requirements they come up with.  I actually receive about 2x the required amount every month, not including investment income, so transferring the 65,000 baht per month wouldn’t be a problem, as I would normally spend more than that anyway.  Alternatively, I suppose I could just wire in the 800,000.  Anyway, for planning purposes it would be nice to have a clear and unambiguous set of rules.  

infeel sorry for all the people caught up in a mess.  Imagine having property and then having to leave. 
Actually the requirements haven't changed just the verification process. I'd be hard pressed to spend 65k a month over here, but then I don't drink or chase tail. My monthly bills here are right around 5k a month depending on how much I use my a.c..

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app