uk settlement visa health ins refunded

hi  i applied for uk settlement  visa for my  thai wife several months ago sent all forms and payments thru  an agent , the documents / photos etc have now been returned from the embassy....with no apparent problems ...but .still waiting  for  result,  but  now  find  that  the money  i paid for the  uk health insurance  has been refunded to my bank  .....is this normal  or does it look like the  application is about to be  rejected....thanks  for any  advice

There are only three reasons why the Immigration Health Surcharge would be fully refunded:-

1. you paid twice
  2. your visa application is refused
  3. you withdraw your visa application.

I'm assuming 3) doesn't apply to your wife, so check you didn't pay twice and if not then I'm afraid it looks like she has been refused.

If she has been refused then she should receive her passport and a refusal letter shortly. The refusal notice will say exactly why she has been refused. If you want advice on overcoming this, then please post the refusal notice in full here, after deleting all names and any other identifying info.

How did she ask for her passport to be returned? Couriered to her home? Collected by her? Couriered to or collected by the agent? If the latter, get onto the agent to find out if they have received it and the refusal notice.

thanks 7by7.......i am in UK  but......the  wife is  going to ring  the agent again friday  to see if she has  heard anything,  but like trying to get blood out of a stone  with the agent in Bangkok......the  process is over 4 months now....she said its the  first one she has done now that the... passport  , documents etc and decisions  go to UK  visa dept in  Sheffield via  Bangkok embassy now.....or  maybe  Brexit  slowing them down....thanks again