Burning Season

ThaiPauly

I have been away for three weeks and noticed as I got back this evening the air is filled with burning rubbish particles and haze...my pool was full of burnt offerings too, even though it was only cleaned yesterday I cant remember seeing it so bad after one day!

Has the burning season started up here already?

If not anyone any ideas as to whats going on?

Go to http://www.pcd.go.th/AirQuality/Regional/G.../QueryGraph.cfm. choose 'graph' and then 'graph by particular site' and choose Chiang Mai. I don't know exactly which place they do the monitoring, and the pollution seems to vary greatly through the city.

Also look at the link on the same page: 'Bad day/site. Number of days from each stations that PM-10 concentration exceeded air quality standards (120 µg/m3) data since 25-March-97'

According to this, CMai is not great but not the worst in Thailand.

Edited by tilac2

The burning started immediately after the last raindrop fell!

You must have noticed that Doi Sutthep is barely visible on most days now. I know that pollution's bad in 'the Rose of the North' but not that bad.

But at least it makes for pretty sunsets...

MCL

The burning started immediately after the last raindrop fell!

You must have noticed that Doi Sutthep is barely visible on most days now. I know that pollution's bad in 'the Rose of the North' but not that bad.

But at least it makes for pretty sunsets...

MCL

The last week, esconced by the pool at CM Orchid with my fellow expat pool rats, I have noticed occasional soot particles, that lazily spiral down...

Can't say that it is so hazy, as a stiff wind blew on Sat. evening. There is burning going on but it doesn't seem to be so bad at the moment. Wait till March, when it gets hot, and still...