retiree wanting thai fiancee to australia

11 minutes ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

You will need to show proof of a defacto relationship, Aust will want last tax return and your income and bank account details. A pokice ckearence and medical also required. I done this for my wife and she got residency visa after 12 month. Check Aust immigration web site it's  all there.

Really? That simple. Also how much did it cost you. You mentioned in your advice..."my wife" and also advised op on proof of de-facto relationship. So what visa should she be applying for to come to au?

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Really? That simple. Also how much did it cost you. You mentioned in your advice..."my wife" and also advised op on proof of de-facto relationship. So what visa should she be applying for to come to au?

A couple of clarifications.    So I suspect you will apply for a Partner Visa, in which case, IMMI does not have any requirements (at present) for the financial requirements of an Australian Sponsor, nor medicals or PCC's (unless your sponsoring a child).

Immi does demand PCC's, Bio's, Medicals for your wife.  She does NOT need to show financial records, as she is sponsored.

You BOTH need to prove ' a genuine, ongoing relationship, to the exclusion for all others' for the period 12 months before application.  This also applies even if married.

If you have been 'legally' married (not a Thai Village Marriage) for a longer than 3 years (2 with a child) you may be eligible to bring her here immediately.

• Like 2

If you are you currently in Thailand you can apply for a 3mnth tourist visa here with her at VFS Global.  Its a easy process I think you can then apply for the spousal visa during this period in Australia.  Theres always the chance she may not want to live there as it can be a cultural shock.  My misses enjoyed the 3 months but at the end couldnt wait to come back to thailand for food family etc.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

If you are you currently in Thailand you can apply for a 3mnth tourist visa here with her at VFS Global.  Its a easy process I think you can then apply for the spousal visa during this period in Australia.  Theres always the chance she may not want to live there as it can be a cultural shock.  My misses enjoyed the 3 months but at the end couldnt wait to come back to thailand for food family etc.

You can only apply for a spousal visa in Australia if her current tourist visa does nto have condition 8503 'No Further Stay'.  99% of all first time tourist visa's especially for Thai, will have that condition applied.

• Thanks 1

There are numerous previous threads on this topic. Maybe a mod may direct you to one shortly. I have read past threads and my impression is that its not as easy as some of above posts have implied. No one has posted their personal experience with time and cost details. Reading between lines of your added posts, she has been to au twice on 2 separate visas? Positive side is seems you have been together some time and have had time to make this a serious plan. I have always been bemused that USA seems to make it more easy for their married citizens (I realize your not married at this stage) than Australian citizens. Oh BTW your op states "retiree"... What does that mean. You can retire at 40 or less if you have the dosh.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

8 hours ago, louis27 said:

is it better to try yourself or use agency, cost wise as well as ease

Of course it's easier to let an agent do everything for you, but you will pay.

It's not a hard process but there is a mountain of paperwork involved.

Then again, some people are not good with paperwork so it call comes

down to your personal circumstances.

The visa itself is around $7000 plus extra's for airfares etc.

You've said her latest visa doesn't have 8503 condition, so she can apply whilst in Australia.

I once inquired with a reputable agent in Melbourne, and he described a pretty long and protracted process, even though our situation couldn't be more legit. She is the mum of two Australian children, married 5 years, degree in communication, diploma in IT, and functional english... It gave me then the impression that Australian immigration wasn't any better than their Thai counterparts. When I immigrated 35 years ago I felt a truly warm welcome, throughout..

Edited by KiChakayan

On 11/25/2018 at 6:46 AM, Will27 said:

Of course it's easier to let an agent do everything for you, but you will pay.

It's not a hard process but there is a mountain of paperwork involved.

Then again, some people are not good with paperwork so it call comes

down to your personal circumstances.

The visa itself is around $7000 plus extra's for airfares etc.

You've said her latest visa doesn't have 8503 condition, so she can apply whilst in Australia.

You're correct there, I once brought my misses over whilst I was in Aussie and found the immigration easy to deal with, answered all emails with a easy to understand process.  Once I ticked all the requirements the visa was granted.  The only downside doing it yourself is you need to start as soon as you return as there is processing time and dont forget to check document requirements whilst your in Thailand like Omegaman said regarding pcc and how to notorise it, his thread was detailed.

• Like 1