Question About 90-day Reporting

I did my 90-day reporting a few weeks ago and I asked  the IO who was processing my forms what the procedure for reporting is if go out of the country for a few weeks to visit relatives in the UK (I'm on a Non-B). He told me that when I come back the 90 days starts all over again, meaning that I would not have to go to immigration for 90 days. Then he added that I would have to bring copies of the house registration, owner's ID and rental agreement. Even if I am not moving to a new place, I asked. And he said yes, you need to submit the paper work again. I am wondering if this is now normal procedure or is this a one off or unique to this immigration office only.

5 minutes ago, khaepmu said:

or unique to this immigration office only.

And which particular office is this, by the way?

Sounds to me like we may be talking about the TM30 requirement (or some local variation thereof) which has been much discussed on here in various threads.

You appear to be confusing 90 day reporting with TM30 reporting, yes the 90 day reporting resets when you leave thailand and come back. 

Depending on the immigration office, you need to do a TM30 report each time you return from travel. Then 90 days later do your 90 day report.

• Like 1

The immigration office is in Sri Racha. The IO never said anything about a TM30. He just said you need to bring copies of the owner's ID, house registration and rental agreement. I have never had to do that before. Once I  file my initial 90-day report with all of the necessary documents, I have never had to show them again. So I was quite surprised. Unless I misunderstood what he said. Regarding the TM30, I thought that was the landlords responsibility. Thanks for your replies.

1 hour ago, khaepmu said:

The immigration office is in Sri Racha. The IO never said anything about a TM30. He just said you need to bring copies of the owner's ID, house registration and rental agreement. I have never had to do that before. Once I  file my initial 90-day report with all of the necessary documents, I have never had to show them again. So I was quite surprised. Unless I misunderstood what he said. Regarding the TM30, I thought that was the landlords responsibility. Thanks for your replies.

It must be the TM.30 report.

There can be more than one person responsible; the — owner, or house-master, or possessor. As a tenant they could consider you the possessor of the property and equally responsible with the landlord for reporting.

I doubt they will care which of you submits/signs the TM.30 as long as it has the necessary documents attached.

Either of you could be fined (typically 800 - 2,000 baht) if the report isn’t made.