Alcohol ban on Wednesday 5th ?

franckpattaya

Alcohol bans only occur on religious occasions. Wednesday is not one of those.

What difference does an alcohol ban in Thailand make anyway?

It makes a huge difference in pattaya - which I am assuming the OP is from with his username.

Pattaya is a ghost town on no alcohol days

It makes a huge difference in pattaya - which I am assuming the OP is from with his username.

You are right "dreaming"

Are you implying that residents of Pattaya cannot survive for 1 day without a bar being available?

That's very sad indeed!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Are you implying that residents of Pattaya cannot survive for 1 day without a bar being available?

That's very sad indeed!

Have you been to pattaya? It is a tourist town. The nightlife is the heart beat of the place.

I am sure if the Op lived there he could wait one day but as a tourist it is a pain in the ass when the bars are closed and you are only there for a week.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Crossy said:

No ban as far as I'm aware, never been dry in the past.

I remember a number of dry December 5th in the past with bars and nightlife closed – however some local markets would play music and serve beer – but it was not dry last year...????

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I remember a number of dry December 5th in the past with bars and nightlife closed – however some local markets would play music and serve beer – but it was not dry last year...????

Yeah, you are probably right.

I do remember His Late Majesty saying that he wanted his subjects to have a good time on his birthday.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Moonlover said:

And some political days.  (bars will be closed during the election!)

The people of Thailand celebrate the birthday of H.M King Bhumibol Adulyadej on 5th of December On this day, bars and clubs do not open and they remain closed until the end of celebrations.
[/url] goes both ways on the internet - haha
Not sure where you found that, but it's not been a "dry" day for many years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not sure where you found that, but it's not been a "dry" day for many years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

https://www.keyvisathailand.com/do-you-know-all-the-no-alcohol-days-in-thailand/     Key visa site posted in 2017 - under royal birthdays

1 hour ago, RicUSA said:

The people of Thailand celebrate the birthday of H.M King Bhumibol Adulyadej on 5th of December On this day, bars and clubs do not open and they remain closed until the end of celebrations.

goes both ways on the internet - haha

There's an *mark for those holy holidays where alcohol sale is prohibited, the * is not attached to December 5th...????

22 hours ago, Moonlover said:

That's very sad indeed!

As far as I can tell, Pattaya is one very sad town....just take a walk down Beach Road anyday of the week and witnesss all the Sad Sacks.....lol....????

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dreaming said:

Have you been to pattaya? It is a tourist town. The nightlife is the heart beat of the place.

I am sure if the Op lived there he could wait one day but as a tourist it is a pain in the ass when the bars are closed and you are only there for a week.

Went  there once many years ago. Here's why I'll never return.

48 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

As far as I can tell, Pattaya is one very sad town....just take a walk down Beach Road anyday of the week and witnesss all the Sad Sacks.....lol....????

3 hours ago, dreaming said:

Pattaya has 13 million visitors a year - They wouldn't be going on chicowoodducks advice.

That will be 13 million quality visitors of course! Another good reason to steer clear of the place.

BTW, I've nothing against Pattaya, per se. I'd give the same wide berth to Blackpool or Benidorm.

20 hours ago, khunPer said:

There's an *mark for those holy holidays where alcohol sale is prohibited, the * is not attached to December 5th...????

Exactly - didnt mean to try and steer anyone wrong.  Just noticed from google, that the "key visa" site was contradicting the truth (so much fake or under researched information on the internet)   

Bars and all stores are selling alcohol today - go out and enjoy

• 2 weeks later...