What docs required to renew ext of stay based on marriage?

I just complete my visa extension based on marriage today at CW. In addition to the copy of the passport pages and departure card the officer wanted a copy of the 90 day receipt. I just did the 90 day report right before meeting the officer so I had it but not a copy. Luckily, she made a copy for me and used that. I don't remember having to make a copy of the 90 day receipt in previous years but I will make sure I do so in the future.

Also, when I met the second officer, she commented that the bank book did not have all the transactions listed for the past 3 to 4 months. I forgot to update the bank book for the past 6 months but when I did update the bank book it only showed the last 30 days. So now I must remember to constantly update my bank book as to show every months transactions. I did get another statement from the bank that showed the last 6 months but the officer stated that the bank book should be regularly updated. She also wanted every used page of the bank book even if the pages were from before the 3 month period.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silurian said:

I just complete my visa extension based on marriage today at CW. In addition to the copy of the passport pages and departure card the officer wanted a copy of the 90 day receipt. I just did the 90 day report right before meeting the officer so I had it but not a copy. Luckily, she made a copy for me and used that. I don't remember having to make a copy of the 90 day receipt in previous years but I will make sure I do so in the future.

Also, when I met the second officer, she commented that the bank book did not have all the transactions listed for the past 3 to 4 months. I forgot to update the bank book for the past 6 months but when I did update the bank book it only showed the last 30 days. So now I must remember to constantly update my bank book as to show every months transactions. I did get another statement from the bank that showed the last 6 months but the officer stated that the bank book should be regularly updated. She also wanted every used page of the bank book even if the pages were from before the 3 month period.

thanks for the info. the bank book thing is so stupid. why can't they just accept bank statements like any normal civilized country. ktb bank system sometimes doesn't print individual transactions. it does 1 line covering a month if one forgets to update it. so annoying

• Like 2

I'm a tiddly bit confused by the requirements in UJ's list (not saying the list is wrong!!).

If the application is for an extension of stay which will last a year, why on earth would they need a TM6 departure card?

5 hours ago, PhilAtUbon said:

If the application is for an extension of stay which will last a year, why on earth would they need a TM6 departure card?

A copy of the TM6 departure card is required for almost anything you do at immigration. Not sure why but it is needed.