Australian income Statutory Declarations no longer sighned.

I see that as from 7th January 2019, the Australian Embassy in Bangkok will no longer sign Statutory Declarations stating a person's income for the coming year when applying for a Thai retirement visa extension. 

Can anyone inform me what the Thai Immigration will accept in place of the Statutory Declaration? I get my income, not from an Australian pension, but from investment dividends throughout the year.

There are going to be many sighs from the no-longer-signed in the coming weeks as those who haven't been paying attention hit a brick wall. We are all in the hands of Thai Immigration, waiting breathlessly for the much-heralded but as yet unseen major statement.

In the modern world ignorance makes us stupid, as we see every day everywhere in this country.

Get stat dec witnessed before the 7th Jan and it is good for 6 months from the date signed and stamped by the OZ Embassy.

See attachment 1 and 2.

As far as what is required if you cant get a Stat Dec witnessed re finances in time. I was given this document from Jomtien Immigration today.

See attachment. 

INCOME VALIDITY CONFIRMATION.pdf

PAGE 2 INCOME VALIDITY CONFIRMATION.pdf

Documents required for retirement etc.pdf

4 embassies decided to not issue a Letter of Income anymore.

The big question remain, is Thai Immigration therefore prepare to change their directives in order to accommodate some of the citizens of these 4 countries?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OZEMADE said:

Get stat dec witnessed before the 7th Jan and it is good for 6 months from the date signed and stamped by the OZ Embassy.

See attachment 1 and 2.

As far as what is required if you cant get a Stat Dec witnessed re finances in time. I was given this document from Jomtien Immigration today.

See attachment. 

Didn't check all the docs but the one I did was dated 2013. Too long ago . 

12 hours ago, OZEMADE said:

See attachment 1 and 2.

See attachment. 

So out of date. It doesn't mention they may want a map of where you live,doesn't mention a pic of you in front of where you live and ir a pic of you and your front door showing room nr.

2 minutes ago, cleverman said:

So out of date. It doesn't mention they may want a map of where you live,doesn't mention a pic of you in front of where you live and ir a pic of you and your front door showing room nr.

Not all offices want the pic and map you mentioned. I think those are a Phuket requirement.

If you have the required funds or use an agent that knows the ins and outs, why bother with the embassy letter to begin with? The only reason why anyone so far would have bothered with it is as a soft "proof" you have the funds, when you really don't. Has Thai immigration ever accepted these letters and NOT also sighted evidence of funds 400000/800000 Baht or monthly income in a Thai or foreign account? If they did, they have obviously screwed themselves because the Aussie/US embassies have never verified the claims put on these stat decs or affirmations as the Americans call them. You can claim whatever you want and the embassy simply stamps and signs the document.

Now those days are coming to an end and it looks like you will actually need to have these funds in your account.

3 minutes ago, jimster said:

If you have the required funds or use an agent that knows the ins and outs, why bother with the embassy letter to begin with? The only reason why anyone so far would have bothered with it is as a soft "proof" you have the funds, when you really don't. Has Thai immigration ever accepted these letters and NOT also sighted evidence of funds 400000/800000 Baht or monthly income in a Thai or foreign account? If they did, they have obviously screwed themselves because the Aussie/US embassies have never verified the claims put on these stat decs or affirmations as the Americans call them. You can claim whatever you want and the embassy simply stamps and signs the document.

Now those days are coming to an end and it looks like you will actually need to have these funds in your account.

The agents will arrange everything. They always have and always will. In my opinion. .  One minor correction to what you say, some of us may have chosen to use an agent in the past because we can afford it and can't be bothed doing it ourselves. 

1 hour ago, cleverman said:

Not out of date, current as of yesterday when it was handed to me by an Immigration Officer at the Jomtien Office.

I don't know why you want all that stuff you are mentioning as it is not a requirement at Jomtien

1 hour ago, cleverman said:

Didn't check all the docs but the one I did was dated 2013. Too long ago . 

Unless you find another document to state the difference, this one is still current and a witnessed signature to a stat dec can be used for 6 months from the date witnessed and stamped by the embassy.

31 minutes ago, OZEMADE said:

Not out of date, current as of yesterday when it was handed to me by an Immigration Officer at the Jomtien Office.

I don't know why you want all that stuff you are mentioning as it is not a requirement at Jomtien

I do apologise, I did not know that the document was issued solely for the jomtien immigration office. I, obviously,thought it was meant for the whole of Los.