DDC urges parents to get their children vaccinated

webfact

DDC urges parents to get their children vaccinated

321.jpg

FILE photo

NONTHABURI, 7th December 2018 (NNT) - The Department of Disease Control (DDC) has warned parents to make sure that their children are fully vaccinated against common diseases during the winter months. 

The DDC Director-General, Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai, said the general public should start protecting themselves and their children from diseases commonly found during winter. 

One of them is measles, which can be infected and spread by bodily fluids. Its virus can also float in the air for about one hour after someone with measles coughs or sneezes indoors. The symptoms include rashes and other complications, such as pharyngitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, otitis media, conjuctivitis, diarrhea, and encephalitis. 

The Ministry of Public Health recommends nine-month infants to receive their first Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccination, and a follow up at two years and six months old. The effectiveness of the MMR vaccination is 95 percent. 

Parents whose children have yet to receive the vaccination can also bring their children to consult with physicians, and receive the vaccine at any public healthcare facilities. For more information, call the DDC hotline at 1422.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-12-07

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

I questioned a Dr last year regarding my boys vaccines ...she told me to leave her office and find another Physician....Thailand ,were saving face, is more important then saving lives...

No idea what your point is.

Just now, NamoLukeChai said:

Fantom , obviously you do not recognize a good parent being that fantom had the intelligence to question a person about to directly inject drugs into his childs vein. The point is thats hes being a responsible parent . 

Surely it would make more sense to know what is being injected before the injection?

There is no need to question it if you have the vaccine book supplied to all newborns and accounts for every injection upto 12 years old that is required or optional.

The pages at the back are in thai but the injections are listed in English codes too. Those same vaccines can be referenced worldwide. I just reached out to my family in the UK to double check each injection. I believe if you want the same mandatory injections as the UK would provide. Your costs upto 2 years old on those injections (approximately 10) will cost around 25k but they are not all mandatory here. 

1 hour ago, NamoLukeChai said:

Thailand will discover by following the USA in pushing vaccines that Autism, childhood diabetes, insulin dependency and many other sicknesses will certainly increase. When this happens will monies be available to help the children and families that will be put in a position of financial difficulties being the government is encouraging  these vaccine poisons to them. 

Plastic bottles combined with corn syrup. Its not one or the other; it is the combination.

2 hours ago, fantom said:

No idea what your point is.

Thanks for reading ..I will take time to reply because mabey you have a new born.... ask questions regarding vaccines in Thailand,do your own homework ,and do not be intimidated by your Dr , most hospitals offer a  vaccine packages for infants , Thailand uses some vaccines that are not needed ,but health care providers push the packages ( its a business)...if you have a newborn ready for vaccines good luck,its very very scary watching a nurse stick a needle in your childs body,no turning back at that point....if you are just trolling , have a good day

Edited by mok199
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, mok199 said:

Thanks for reading ..I will take time to reply because mabey you have a new born.... ask questions regarding vaccines in Thailand,do your own homework ,and do not be intimidated by your Dr , most hospitals offer a  vaccine packages for infants , Thailand uses some vaccines that are not needed ,but health care providers push the packages ( its a business)...if you have a newborn ready for vaccines good luck,its very very scary watching a nurse stick a needle in your childs body,no turning back at that point....if you are just trolling , have a good day

Thank you for replying, I now have an idea of the point you are making.

I am sure you have the health of your boys as a priority.

On the other hand I am in full support of the DDC and the recommendations it makes, particularly in reference to MMR vaccination. Were I to have children, then as a retired health professional I would not hesitate to ensure they were vaccinated and that updates were done also.

At a personal level, all in my household, adult, get annual Fluvax vaccinations, flu is far more scary than most people realise. Also on the advise of my doctor, I have annual pneumococcal vaccine. I have every confidence in the healthcare and advise here regarding vaccination.

I have no wish to pursuade you otherwise but you did suggest I ask questions, in medicine everything is questioned, you can get a measure of this by checking the Cochrane library and for starters do some reading on MMR.

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2018 at 8:37 PM, NamoLukeChai said:

Thailand will discover by following the USA in pushing vaccines that Autism, childhood diabetes, insulin dependency and many other sicknesses will certainly increase. When this happens will monies be available to help the children and families that will be put in a position of financial difficulties being the government is encouraging  these vaccine poisons to them. 

Credible evidence shows that vaccinations wiped out small pox, is on the verge of wiping out polio, and prevents epidemics of measles and other diseases.  You have no evidence to support your post.

• Like 2