What Have The Thais Given The World ?

ollyrosee

Wow, you appear to be with it! Thailand have invented nothing, without Japann we'd have no cars or motorcycles!

Where exactly in the OP does it ask what Thailand have invented?

Another thread is on the cards :o

No,no other thread needed.You made a statement,now back it up. :D

I'll back it up by saying i'mThai! And proud of it! What do you contribute to the Kingdom? Uselessness comes to mind!

Umm, you have no idea what I contibute sunshine,but I shall tell you that I export from here and add to the economy.Not huge,but a contribution none the less.

I don't really care if you are Thai or an American Indian.I'm proud of where I come from,but it doesn't make me a better person.What you said was false.A lie actually.Suggest you deal with your own shortcomings before you point barbs at other people. :D

What i said was false? 'A lie actually?' Bring it on freakster!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll back it up by saying i'mThai! And proud of it!

Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? :o

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1146366

Hi there all, this is my first entry, so will be brief and to the point.

I'm certain this subject has arisen a million times, but i'm getting to the point of frustration.

I've been married now to a Thai National, for nearly a year. Went to Laos to get a 'Non O' visa, no problems. Now apparently i have to show 400k in a joint bank account with my wife in order to extend a further year? Ridiculous!

Will land title deeds, or simalar proof of ownership be suffice?

Whats the next step to extension, if the cash is not in a joint account? Is it possible to extend without all this rigmarole?

Warm Regards :D

Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? :D

I'm certain this subject has arisen a million times, but i'm getting to the point of frustration.

I've been married now to a Thai National, for nearly a year. Went to Laos to get a 'Non O' visa, no problems. Now apparently i have to show 400k in a joint bank account with my wife in order to extend a further year? Ridiculous!

Whats the next step to extension, if the cash is not in a joint account? Is it possible to extend without all this rigmarole?

that was my cousins aunts dad's mate :o

No need to call names sonny.

You said that Thailand is the 7th largest exporter of Automobiles in the world.

I'll admit that that is probably a true comment,but they are not exactly Thai companies are they.They are companies set up by foreign corporations.

Now what part of that don't you understand?Hmmm?

So are toyota and Nissan thai companies?better tell the Japanese that they are Thai then. :o

I'll admit that that is probably a true comment,but they are not exactly Thai companies are they.They are companies set up by foreign corporations.

So are toyota and Nissan thai companies?better tell the Japanese that they are Thai then. :D

I didn't say anything "sonny" about Thailand being the 7th largest exporter of Automobiles in the world. Go back to sleep. :o

A little bullshitter here.Globeline, I expected more from you.another lie I see.What shall we believe.Shouldn't you trot off somewhere.Or is your hide so thick that you want to defend yourself. :D

So are toyota and Nissan thai companies?better tell the Japanese that they are Thai then. :o

I said Thailand is the 7th largest exporter of Automobiles in the world, it was not globeliner, your correct they are not Thai companies (something i never claimed) but the cars they produce are manufactured by Thai people and therefore Thailand is contributing this product to the world as it were.

A little bullshitter here.Globeline, I expected more from you.another lie I see.What shall we believe.Shouldn't you trot off somewhere.Or is your hide so thick that you want to defend yourself. :D

Don't try your 'bullyboy' tactics with me 'sonny' it won't work

I said Thailand is the 7th largest exporter of Automobiles in the world, it was not globeliner, your correct they are not Thai companies (something i never claimed) but the cars they produce are manufactured by Thai people and therefore Thailand is contributing this product to the world as it were.

well, I may have got that wrong,but to say that "Thais" are a great exporter of cars, is to deny that Japanese/yanks are the reason for this.Cheap and educated labour etc, otherwise the companies would never be here.

Thailand are still the biggest Exporter of Rice and coconut products.

Calm down please guys..

If we start having to edit posts.. thats the first step to closure.

totster :D

ok, som nam naa to whats his face :o

Do you still need proof of funds.Perhaps I could lend you some money.Secured of course.

Now, any more lies you want to tell us?Are you British or American? Aussie perhaps?

What does som nom na mean.Is this an Irish blessing, or is it native American speak...like geronimo? :D

Calm down please guys..

If we start having to edit posts.. thats the first step to closure.

totster :D

ok, som nam naa to whats his face :D

Do you still need proof of funds.Perhaps I could lend you some money.Secured of course.

Now, any more lies you want to tell us?Are you British or American? Aussie perhaps?

What does som nom na mean.Is this an Irish blessing, or is it native American speak...like geronimo? :D

Classic! ripped and torn down in flames! keep it coming! :o

Classic! ripped and torn down in flames! keep it coming! :o

So you are NOT Thai then.Why did you feel the need to lie.You go on about getting a visa in one thread and then tell us all that you are Thai in another.I do like taking the piss a bit, but people like you are not needed here.Try to stick to the TRUTH.It might just do you well in future. :D

So, thus far we have learned that:

Thailand is the world's leading exporter canned pineapple

Thailand is the second-biggest exporter of sugar and the fourth biggest exporter of poultry.

Thailand is the biggest tapioca exporter (over 75% of world market share).

Thailand is the 7th largest exporter of Automobiles in the world

Thailand are the biggest Exporter of Rice and coconut products

Thailand are the biggest exporter of frozen shrimp to the United States.

Thailand is the world's top rubber producer and exporter

Thailand is the world's leading exporter of condoms.

And my personal favourite:

Thailand has given hospitality to millions and millions of people throughout the years. Putting a smile on the face of uptight strangers.

Not to bad as far as i can see.

What has Thailand given the world?

............ and responses so far centres around "economic contribution".

Why is it that this perspective of Thailand comes to the fore when the question could be answered in so many other ways?

Says something about our values perhaps(?)

The thing that always strikes me about this country is that it is the one South East Asian country that resisted colonisation and was never colonised by European countries throughout it's history (for what this is worth).

Maizefarmer