What Have The Thais Given The World ?

ollyrosee

Culturally Thailand has given the world Muay Thai, and the movie "The King and I." :o

Hollywood gave the world "The King and I", Thailand told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. :D

What has Thailand given the world?

I would say a lot of pleasure and very little, if not any, grief. :D

Turn the question around though. What has the world given Thailand that has made the people happier?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand has given me peace and happiness and a lot of space between me and my idiot countrymen who always have something stupid or rude to say about other people and countries.

Rather sweeping generalisation, Doc..? :o Everyone else from your country is an idiot? Glad you've managed to distance yourself from them...

:D

Rather sweeping generalisation, Doc..? :o Everyone else from your country is an idiot? Glad you've managed to distance yourself from them...

:D

Yes, very much a generalization however they seem to be the ones who always open their mouths and make the rest of us look stupid not to mention hold all the political power. Here I am not afraid to speak out because the Thai people agree with me and don't chastise me for my ideas, beliefs or opinions. Just an observation there seems to be a lot of Thai bashing on this site so, again I refer you to idiots. They told me "USA love it or leave it" and I did now I love Thai and Thai people so, I do get annoyed when I see a post like this.

Yes, very much a generalization however they seem to be the ones who always open their mouths and make the rest of us look stupid not to mention hold all the political power. Here I am not afraid to speak out because the Thai people agree with me and don't chastise me for my ideas, beliefs or opinions. Just an observation there seems to be a lot of Thai bashing on this site so, again I refer you to idiots. They told me "USA love it or leave it" and I did now I love Thai and Thai people so, I do get annoyed when I see a post like this.

Well, Doc; I wouldn't be in a hurry to turn your back on your own culture. A bit of perspective and time away from it may help you appreciate it a little more. It certainly did for me. :D

A lot of the "Thai-bashing" here is tongue in cheek, and some is even quite amusing; if you're in on the joke. :o

Rather sweeping generalisation, Doc..? :D Everyone else from your country is an idiot? Glad you've managed to distance yourself from them...

oh dr fisher my good friend,

dont let these " thai bashers " bring sorrow into your life as they know not what they do .

we see them everyday on this mighty forum, flaring, attacking the thais and country in general and one must ask him self, " what purpose do they serve " ?

well i shall provide the answer,

the correct answer is " none what so ever " as to adopt a negative out look every time, is surely an insight into there character. :o

but because this is an open forum and we live in a democratic society, we must let them ramble away presenting there negative views.

considering you love thailand and the thai people, as indeed my good self does, we can forgive you for generalising about the people of the U.S.A. :D

just to keep on topic,

another brilliant thing about thailand is the " SOI DOGS " as they have given me hours of pleasure watching them attacking drunken farang. :D

thank you very much DR fisher. :D

terence

another brilliant thing about thailand is the " SOI DOGS " as they have given me hours of pleasure watching them attacking drunken farang. :D

thank you very much DR fisher. :o

terence

I would hope terence, that your newly-found religious enlightenment would preclude you from the sadistic enjoyment of watching mangy rabid soi dogs running, testicles-akimbo and fangs bared, after fellow farang travellers in the Kingdom....?

Be nice to your farang brethren terence. A lot of the naysayers were once similarly enthusiastic, bright-eyed people like yourself and the good Doctor until disillusionment, boredom, and frustration set in....

"There, but for the grace of God, go I." :D

Edited by kmart

Culturally Thailand has given the world Muay Thai, and the movie "The King and I." :o

Hollywood gave the world "The King and I", Thailand told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. :D

Turn the question around though. What has the world given Thailand that has made the people happier?

MONEY !

another brilliant thing about thailand is the " SOI DOGS " as they have given me hours of pleasure watching them attacking drunken farang. :bah:

thank you very much DR fisher. :D

terence

I would hope terence, that your newly-found religious enlightenment would preclude you from the sadistic enjoyment of watching mangy rabid soi dogs running, testicles-akimbo and fangs bared, after fellow farang travellers in the Kingdom....?

Be nice to your farang brethren terence. A lot of the naysayers were once similarly enthusiastic, bright-eyed people like yourself and the good Doctor until disillusionment, boredom, and frustration set in....

"There, but for the grace of God, go I." :D

oh thank you MR KMART,

for your enlightning words of wisdom, and i shall contemplate over them the next time i am sitting in church thinking of my new path in this wonderful world of ours.

maybe we could do a double confessional together, as i have a very respected priest by the name of DAVID J TAYLER.

he is accompanied by some pretty females, of a " dubious gender i might add " but lovely girls all the same. :D

they assist with breaking the bread and pooring the wine ( in generous quantity's, i might add ). :bah:

actually the last time they assisted him, im sure i got a bad batch as i was very light headed and almost got run over by a government bus. :o

anyway MR KMART,

you sound like a stirling and upright person to me, so i wish you much happiness in your life. :D

terence

and to keep on topic,

thailand is full of beautiful chuches and wats.

MONEY !

When you say 'give' do you mean for free?

Edited by garro

Ultraman is in fact Japanese. The creator was Eiji Tsuburaya from the legendary Tsuburaya Productions company who also did Godzilla. Nice try though..like I said Thailand has to thank Japan for its economy and Ultraman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraman

I knew this would happen. And it would come from either you or Dupont or bkkandrew or a few others. So enjoy educating yourself:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...111/ai_n7969146

"Thai television production company Chaiyo will re-launch superhero character Ultraman as Ultraman Millennium after it recently won a copyright lawsuit against production firm Tsurabaya Co of Japan. Chaiyo had designed Ultraman in the late 1960s and claims it had "provided the character to the Japanese firm for a fee", but without relinquishing its copyright outside Japan, according to the Thai company's managing director, Peerasit Saengduenchai, son of Ultraman inventor, Sompote Saengduenchai. The Japanese company used the character in a successful TV series of ..."

You should have done better research. I knew you were going to quote the whole Chaiyo dispute and the "inventor" Sampote Saengduenchai aquired the rights through loan sharking the actual creator Eiji. Also Sampote's claims that he created Ultraman is very much in dispute and there is a counter suit going on with Tsuburaya countersuing Chaiyo Thailand over this matter.

From wikipedia discussion on the licensing dispute:

Ultraman's licensing rights outside of Japan were recently the subject of a prolonged legal dispute between Tsuburaya Productions and Chaiyo Productions (also called Tsuburaya Chaiyo Co Ltd) based in Thailand. Tsuburaya had previously collaborated with Chaiyo on the production of two movies (The 6 Ultra Brothers Vs. the Monster Army and Jumborg Ace & Giant, the latter featured another Tsuburaya superhero Jumborg Ace) in 1974. Sompote Saengduenchai, founder/president of Chaiyo Productions, claims that in 1976, the late Noboru Tsuburaya (who died in 1995), Eiji's son, gave him and his company a contract which gives him rights to everything Ultraman outside Japanese territories in exchange for a monetary loan. In spite of the fact that the document does not clearly specify what was given to Tsuburaya in exchange for these rights, Japanese and Thai courts accepted this contract as real and bonding, because of the supposed hanko of the late Noboru Tsuburaya in the document. Tsuburaya Productions has insisted that the contract was a forgery (due to factual errors, including the faulty titles of the series in the document, such as Ultra Q being called "Ultraman 1: Ultra Q," Ultra Seven being called "Ultraman 3: Ultraman Seven," and Tsuburaya Productions being called "Tsuburaya prod. and Enterprises," a name the company has never done business under), and have contested the issue.

Thailand has a very poor record of respecting intellectual property rights and patent theft. I wouldn't be surprised if this is another incident of Thailand stealing from property rights owners.

Edited by wintermute

Rather sweeping generalisation, Doc..? :D Everyone else from your country is an idiot? Glad you've managed to distance yourself from them...
oh dr fisher my good friend,

dont let these " thai bashers " bring sorrow into your life as they know not what they do .

we see them everyday on this mighty forum, flaring, attacking the thais and country in general and one must ask him self, " what purpose do they serve " ?

well i shall provide the answer,

the correct answer is " none what so ever " as to adopt a negative out look every time, is surely an insight into there character. :D

but because this is an open forum and we live in a democratic society, we must let them ramble away presenting there negative views.

considering you love thailand and the thai people, as indeed my good self does, we can forgive you for generalising about the people of the U.S.A. :bah:

just to keep on topic,

another brilliant thing about thailand is the " SOI DOGS " as they have given me hours of pleasure watching them attacking drunken farang. ;)

thank you very much DR fisher. :bah:

terence

Aaah Terence

Bless you my child ... such an enthusiastic member of our Rambuttri parish which holds communion at Gecko hall on regular occasions.

Alas as you have pointed out our last communion was a little 'boisterous' shall we say .... brother Terry arriving with his 'family' of 'sisters' and beloved soi dogs ... Aaah fond memories as your tuk tuk pulled up and you all disembarked in a chaotic mellee of frocks, wigs, fur and empty chang bottles .... reminded me of a scene from Mad Max. :D

Yes Terence you had been a naughty child that night hadn't you ...? You came to our communion for forgiveness and confession ... :o

Brother Terence had been imbibing in another parish ... the parish of patpong where girls are men and men are very happy ... Oh Yes Terence I remember this well .. such an emotional moment surrounded by your soi dogs and 'sisters' from patpong ... I gave you forgiveness.... as you poured your holy water and filled your glass of plenty. :D

As the old proverb goes MR K ...do as we say not as we do.... :o

Blessings upon you all.... Thailand is a indeed a wonderful place. :D

I would say that Thais make Theravada Buddhism easily accessible to the world. :o

Or, more specifically, Thailand gave us the Thai Forest Tradition - the most authentic form of Buddhism since the Buddha lived. At the world conference of Buddhists last year the representative of "Western Buddhism" was a Brit who belongs to the Thai Forest Tradition.

Thailand also gave as Ven. Buddhadasa, who is recognised by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as one of the world's 'Great Personalities'.

Was that Phra Peter Pannapadipo

The seventh largest force in the coalition in Iraq.

Really??I never would have thought they would be involved in Iraq!!!

Not Really! Acquiesce is wrong.

In 2003 Thailand contributed 447 non-combatant troops to coaltion forces in Iraq. Thailand withdrew their troops in 2004, after two men were killed by a car bomb. Including nations which have already withdrawn forces, Thailand is the 12th largest contributor of troops to coalition forces in Iraq.

1. USA 150,000

2. UK 12,000

3. Italy 3,169

4. South Korea 2,800

5. Poland 2,500

6. Ukraine 1,400

7. Netherlands 1,345

8. Romania 700

9. Japan 750

10. Denmark 496

11. Bulgaria 485

12. Thailand 447

Sufficiency Economy. :D:o

And Ultraman, one of my favourite superheroes (and the Japanese almost nicked it from us.)

Ultraman%20Vol%203.jpg

Ultraman is in fact Japanese. The creator was Eiji Tsuburaya from the legendary Tsuburaya Productions company who also did Godzilla. Nice try though..like I said Thailand has to thank Japan for its economy and Ultraman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraman

when will you people learn not to quote wiki as an authority?

Thaiboxing is an amazing sport,they gave this to the world,and thaifood is also a blessing,maybe not the best but in the top 5 easily.And ofcourse lying and always keep smiling,they gave us this .

Nah, politicians been lying and smiling and lying and smiling since the Greeks invented voting.

In terms of technical inventions or scientific progress, granted not much. But the same can be said for several other countries too, probably even the majority of the countries existing in the world today.

I don't agree, the newest and most advanced Planetarium in Asia will open the 1st of march in Rangsit area. It will be the most technologicaly adavanced planetarium in Asia...

Not Really! Acquiesce is wrong.

In 2003 Thailand contributed 447 non-combatant troops to coaltion forces in Iraq. Thailand withdrew their troops in 2004, after two men were killed by a car bomb. Including nations which have already withdrawn forces, Thailand is the 12th largest contributor of troops to coalition forces in Iraq.

1. USA 150,000

2. UK 12,000

3. Italy 3,169

4. South Korea 2,800

5. Poland 2,500

6. Ukraine 1,400

7. Netherlands 1,345

8. Romania 700

9. Japan 750

10. Denmark 496

11. Bulgaria 485

12. Thailand 447

SO is chuckie...

Bodgey figures these plucked from ???, even taking into account that they're 4 years old...,

Rightly or wrongly there's a lot of aussies (about 1400 at last count) serving in Iraq, and they were actually the first troops to deploy into the country, and capture Iraqie assets and pow's.

Source

Calm down please guys..

If we start having to edit posts.. thats the first step to closure.

totster :D

ok, som nam naa to whats his face :o

Do you still need proof of funds.Perhaps I could lend you some money.Secured of course.

Now, any more lies you want to tell us?Are you British or American? Aussie perhaps?

What does som nom na mean.Is this an Irish blessing, or is it native American speak...like geronimo? :D

Hey! Leave me outta this!!!!!