7 Hour Layover At The Airport.

Gary74

Pretty much the same as there is to do at any airport, i suppose. Not much, except shop, eat and drink, unless you're in one of the lounges when you can add watching tv to the list.

Wait, wait. I've had a thought. . . . you could go around erecting signs so that Weho and his mates don't take their luggage trolleys on the escalators. That would be very helpful, i guess.

what time do you arrive and depart?

what are you into?

if it were me, i would take a taxi into the city, if its daytime, theres tons to see. thats plenty of time to see tourist sights, temples, museums, shopping, eat, or drink in the day.

at any hour of night there are drinking and party establishments open...underground....etc.

What else could you do? Let's see . .

If you've planned ahead and you're a bit of a handyman, you could unpack your woodworking tools and rustle up a small coffee table or bookcase. That should kill a few hours.

You could unpack you easel and paint a picture of planes landing.

You could - if you really set your mind to it and didnt dilly dally around - find a cure for cancer.

hel_l man, the sky is the limit! Do we really have to come up with all the ideas ourselves?

I have 7 hour layover at the airport during the middle of the night. What is there to do at the airport?

A lot of potential options depend on the type of connection you have. Is your connection Int'l-->Int'l, Dom-->Int'l or Int'l-->Dom? Are your bags checked through to yuor final destination? Are you flying on a single ticket? What are the carrier(s)?

Go to the arrivals hall on level 2 and harass the taxi touts. Pretend like you want to go into the city and let them call a car for you and then make up some excuse like "it's not an offical AoT limousine and the warning sign inside said to avoid you people." If you're really adventurous, drag them into the tourist police station there and make a report that they were harassing you and trying to cheat you.

These are some great suggestions. I'm thinking of making a trip to the airport just to try these out.

What would I suggest?

Point at people then talk into your hand.

Buy books then return them 3 hours later.

Organize some trolley street races.

Bring back Streaking

Look up and try to find cracks. Look down too. use a marker and circle any you find. Put your initials by it.

Chap wants to move around...

Offer to clean the too-few public loos for free, and watch the guys go "falang bah!"

I hear there's not that many loo's.

I'd go with qwertz suggestion: open laptop, connect... post post post!

When you say late at night (or middle of the night, I can't remember) what time do you mean? If, for example you are to be in BKK at midnight, by the time you get through immigration and out to the taxi stands, it will be too late to enjoy the nightlife of Krungthep- it all closes at 1pm (allegedly) and it is at least 30 minutes to Nana................................be more specific