Abandoned baby found in grocery box in Bangkok

webfact

Abandoned baby found in grocery box

By The Nation

1903f39613044665964a6f86e5119ee3.jpeg

A newborn baby boy was found abandoned at a grocery store on Soi Rama 9 in Bangkok's Huai Kwang district on Thursday morning.

Thawin Pinijkan, 49, the owner of the shop, said she arrived for work at 7.30am and found the crying baby - with some blood and a umbilical cord still attached to him - in a cardboard box in front of the shop. 

The baby - suffering several mosquito bites - was wrapped in a construction worker's T-shirt and a white cloth. 

Rescuers from Erawan Emergency Center collected the baby and took it to  Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health.

c1aabed6262db09bd6fede718cf31442.jpeg

Pol Captain Paisal Suthaphot, a deputy inspector at the Makkasan Police Station, said the baby was now safe under medical care.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30361536

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-03

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, Vacuum said:

They want boom-boom but do not want to get pregnant. Have they ever heard of condoms or birth control pills? Oh well, just dump the newborn somewhere and start again.

And the best solution is for free:

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailands-health-chief-urges-girls-aged-10-to-20-to-receive-free-contraceptive-implant.html

I was given away for adoption. Nobody wanted me and I ended up in a foster family which abused me and almost starved me to death. Like in my case I think the kid is better off without a "mother" doing something like this...

Just a gentle reminder:

aeeeaf97-e772-466f-ae8f-1e70af1a0e65_zps

Edited by Lupatria

50 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

I was given away for adoption. Nobody wanted me and I ended up in a foster family which abused me and almost starved me to death. Like in my case I think the kid is better off without a "mother" doing something like this...

Just a gentle reminder:

aeeeaf97-e772-466f-ae8f-1e70af1a0e65_zps

Sorry about the circumstances of your life.

I agree, I also think he's better off without his birth mother, I just hope his placement is with a decent family.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clear Sky said:

Sorry about the circumstances of your life.

I agree, I also think he's better off without his birth mother, I just hope his placement is with a decent family.

I hope the kid will adopt my motto: "What does not kill us only makes us stronger."

21 hours ago, Vacuum said:

They want boom-boom but do not want to get pregnant. Have they ever heard of condoms or birth control pills? Oh well, just dump the newborn somewhere and start again.

dump them with me if  u  like, we  cant have  kids

Treated like garbage. Mother, or whoever, could discretely walk into a Hospital as if for an appointment and  leave the child on a seat where he/she will be easily, and safely found. If my wife and I were not so old we would love to adopt an abandoned child. We are kept busy on non school days with grand children and their friends. We have coloring books, games, and each visitor gets 20 Baht from Farang grandpop

4 hours ago, oldrunner said:

Treated like garbage. Mother, or whoever, could discretely walk into a Hospital as if for an appointment and  leave the child on a seat where he/she will be easily, and safely found.

"Mother, or whoever, could discretely walk into a Hospital as if for an appointment and leave the child...".

You really think that a new mother could discreetly walk into a hospital with a blood-stained baby, it's umbilical cord still attached and walk out without someone noticing that she'd left her baby on a seat?  Good grief...