Election connection? Thai ID cards found tossed in the trash in Songkhla

webfact

Election connection? Thai ID cards found tossed in the trash in Songkhla

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police are investigating after a municipal trash collector in Songkhla in Thailand's south found 42 Thai ID cards.

The cards - belonging to both women and men - were still valid. 

Phirom Markbanjong, 40, said he found them in a plastic bag in trash outside a kindergarten as he was doing his rounds at 2am on Thursday. Suspecting foul play he went to the cops to report his discovery. 

The people named in the cards reside mostly in Muang, Sathingphra and Sadao districts of Songkhla.

Police are investigating by looking at who might have thrown the cards away and by contacting those named on the cards. 

Daily News said they had not ruled out a connection to the upcoming election or theft. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-18

On 1/18/2019 at 3:26 AM, webfact said:

Daily News said they had not ruled out a connection to the upcoming election or theft. 

Daily News said they had not ruled out a connection to the upcoming election or theft, but more competent authorities have probably already determined otherwise.

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And this keeps you awake at night?

Not since I accepted the way they are, no. I'm just careful when dealing with them or I get my wife to do business with Thais, I look the other way. Life has its lessons.

17 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Not since I accepted the way they are, no. I'm just careful when dealing with them or I get my wife to do business with Thais, I look the other way. Life has its lessons.

Best way is just to embrace the life of a colonial master and avoid contact with natives all together.

7 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Best way is just to embrace the life of a colonial master and avoid contact with natives all together.

Absolutely. Sitting on my verandah, oiling my guns, sipping a single-malt and shooting the brother-in-laws chooks. It don't get much better than this I tell you.

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Not a colonial master, but I certainly go out of my way to avoid contact with Thais. I prefer people who can offer me something. Thais just don't have anything I want. *shrug* whatever that makes me is what it makes me, I frankly don't care.

5 hours ago, HalfLight said:

I think you will find that many of us have to our cost discovered that wives and girlfriends are not to be trusted either.

19 minutes ago, Nip said:

I think you will find that many of us have to our cost discovered that wives and girlfriends are not to be trusted either.

I imagine that is true, and certainly I have had words with the missus about her automatic response to support Thais whom I have excoriated. Doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Nonetheless, I'm fortunate - I understand the psychology of Thais; I know what frightens the crap out of them, and I know how not to use it but to rely on their awareness that I might. It's all a bit of a game.

But I appreciate and accept the spirit of your comment, thanks.

On 1/18/2019 at 2:12 AM, Hayduke said:

No problem...the rest of the million plus fake cards for the Junta's proxy voters have already been safely distributed.

If those cards are out there I hope the story emerges soon. It may be the impetus needed to get this whole thing done and new leadership in place

Archived