Non Immigrant Visa B Confusion

Please help as I am really confused. I have tried to post this before but I am still nowhere.

Almost 3 months ago I went to Penang and got a non immigrant visa B single entry. The line at the bottom which says extension of permit is not allowed has been crossed out by the consulate.

My company has applied for my work permit however it is not ready yet and will most likely not be ready by the end of this week when my non immigrant visa expires.

What I would like to know is, do I need to leave the country and apply for a non immigrant Visa B? I have heard from several people that I can extend my visa by like 15 days at the immigration office if I show that my work permit has been applied for. Is this true and if yes, what documents do I need to bring. If I do have to leave the country, doesnt it automatically stop my work permit application?

Please help, time is running out and I need to know what to do.

I went to immigration and the only thing that the ass!@#$3 kept saying was that I should take him with my to Malaysia, pay his ticket, hotel, 10000 THB and he would arrange everything for me. I kindly insisted that I didnt need his service and that I wanted to extend my current visa and he kept saying, we dont know, we dont know

I went to immigration and the only thing that the ass!@#$3 kept saying was that I should take him with my to Malaysia, pay his ticket, hotel, 10000 THB and he would arrange everything for me. I kindly insisted that I didnt need his service and that I wanted to extend my current visa and he kept saying, we dont know, we dont know

Go back and ask for the supervisor. That is a ridiculous situation. Or take your company lawyer. This is a commonplace thing done every day.

Well Dr. P.P, I think I will take a taperecorder with me and send the tape to somebody high up. Would it make any difference?

Anyway,. good news. I received my work permit all of a sudden. However my non immigrant visa B is still about to expire. Now that I have a work permit, I can apply for a one year visa at the local immigration office, is that right?

Thanks Dr. P.P

What documents will I need from my company. I will need to take my passport, work permit and... It it just the regular documents from my company which I had when I went to apply for the original visa at the consulate in Penang? Are there any other documents?

Thanks Dr. P.P

What documents will I need from my company. I will need to take my passport, work permit and... It it just the regular documents from my company which I had when I went to apply for the original visa at the consulate in Penang? Are there any other documents?

Take as much stuff as you can. It will overcome any resistance on their part. The work permit is obviously the crucial thing. Don't let that visa expire or back to Penang you will have to go.

If I do go back to Penang to reapply for a non immigrant visa B, is my work permit cancelled in any way? My work permit has been obviously issued to stay valid until my current visa expires but I am just wondering if now that I have a work permit, Penang will issue me a militple entry non imm visa B and once I am banck, my work permit will be extended accordingly.

If I do go back to Penang to reapply for a non immigrant visa B, is my work permit cancelled in any way? My work permit has been obviously issued to stay valid until my current visa expires but I am just wondering if now that I have a work permit, Penang will issue me a militple entry non imm visa B and once I am banck, my work permit will be extended accordingly.

Don't risk it. Go today and extend. Take the easiest way out.