30-day tour Chiang Mai to to Austalia

I'm British and we have just completed our Visa requirements for a month in Oz in March.

My Thai Wife used VFS in Huay Kaew Road for her Visa; we downloaded the forms from their website, got all the requirements together, booked an appointment, she was in there about 25 minutes, they then send everything to BKK and the acceptance letter came 6 days later direct to home.  They don't issue paper stickers anymore inside Passports, the Visa is attached to the chip in their Passport and they have the letter of acceptance which they advise should be carried when entering Oz.

All in costs for Wife's Visa around 5000 Baht including Photo's, Bank Letters, VFS Fees and Courier charges.

Not sure what Visa requirement you have as an American Citizen but most likely the same as me; i had to buy a Visa from an agent online which is attached to the chip in my Passport.   One word of warning; the Australian Embassy no longer issue Visa's themselves and uses agents, who's prices vary considerably and i found that confusing as on previous visits i was able to get my Visa direct from the Embassy. I called the Embassy in BKK and asked for clarification and the Guy said use the cheapest agent you can find as they all have different charges, the Visa itself is free but you are paying for agents services.  I surfed and found www.ivisa.com based in Miami to be the best price at US $20 and i had my letter of acceptance by email to print off within about five hours, excellent service.

Good luck with your Visa's and have a great Holiday.

Archived