Traditional Thai silk dresses for Barbie doll

honu

This seems a bit trivial compared to all the education and custody issues on here, but I was happy to run across traditional Thai silk dresses for a Barbie doll when checking out the Nightingale Olympic department store.  My daughter loved them.

It's the oldest department store in Bangkok, right beside the Old Siam shopping center.  That place has a dated feel to it too, but not on the same level.

IMG_20190119_143648_1.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Frogmountain said:

I love these! Wish I could pop over there and get a few for my daughter.

There would be a way to do that, I'm just not familiar with it.  The clothing is an absolute steal too; the outfits alone sell for 100 baht, or about $3 US.  280 baht, the price shown, includes the doll (about $8 US). 

Shipping would end up costing as much as a half-dozen outfits but the real problem would be finding a reliable service to pick them up and put them in the mail.  There is no chance you could get the department store to do that.  They don't even take credit cards, never mind expand on basic retail services.  It does feel a bit like a museum in there.

I first visited them last Saturday, then swung by on Monday to buy a few more outfits and a doll (I had only bought two), and just visited a third time to buy one for my daughter's friend.  She really wanted to give one away to her best friend but couldn't part with the ones she sees as her own.  Now I'll see if she can actually give away the last one I just bought, the doll in the red outfit in the middle.  Maybe not.

• Thanks 1