South Korean gambler took revenge on compatriot after finding out he was underpaid

rooster59

South Korean gambler took revenge on compatriot after finding out he was underpaid

korean.JPG

Image: Daily News

Daily News reported in full detail about what led up to the finding of dismembered remains of a South Korean man in two locations in Rayong earlier this week. 

The story involved a 100,000 baht illegal crossing from Cambodia, a stabbing murder in a rented house, the purchase of a chain saw to cut up the body after it was stored and dried, the borrowing of a friend's Suzuki swift to transport the body parts - and a double cross after the murderer found out he got less wages than his colleague. 

Cho Mai Hun, 35, was found in bits in two bags dumped in Nern Phra and at a Rayong beach. 

Soon a man called Hong Chun Kim, 31, gave himself up to Rayong police and implicated Kim Sang Hun, 32, as the murderer. A man called San Yon Yang or K was also implicated but is now not facing charges. 

Hong will be fighting charges in court. Kim who had tried to escape over the border in Chantaburi has admitted everything and was yesterday taken on a re-enactment to several locations. 

Cho, Hong and Kim were members of an online gambling gang.

Our picture from Daily News shows how Kim used a chain saw to dismember the victim.

The story began in early January when Cho returned to Thailand

Cho - who was previously deported and blacklisted after being caught gambling by Thong Lor police in Bangkok -  entered Thailand illegally over a natural border from Cambodia. 

He paid 100,000 baht to a man for help with this. 

Cho then met up with the other men in Rayong and with the help of a mama san at a karaoke bar rented a house in Nern Phra for 72,000 baht for a year. 

Cho, Hong and Kim moved in together but after just one day on the 16th of January an argument broke out. Hong said that he heard the others arguing and rushed to see that Kim had stabbed Cho to death.

He said that Kim told him if he reported this he would be next and he enlisted Hong's help in disposing of the body. Hong said he was forced to do this and complied in fear of his life.

The two men dragged Cho to the second floor of the house and left him there to dry out while they went out to karaoke as if nothing had happened. 

Next day they moved the body into a room with air-conditioning and turned it up to maximum to keep the body cool. They left it there for three days.

Meanwhile they bought an electric chain saw and a knife. They then cut up the body into eight pieces using the chain saw. The head was cut from the torso, the arms were separated from the body and each leg was cut off and sliced into two pieces. 

It was all deposited in three black bags and stuffed into two travel cases.

The men then asked compatriot San Yon Yang or K if they could borrow his wife's Suzuki Swift.

They used this to transport the dismembered remains in the bags to the two locations. 

Kim has admitted to premeditated murder and concealment of a corpse. Hong will fight charges in court.

K has been found to not be involved. 

Daily News said that the reason for Kim being upset with Cho was that he found out that Cho - the investor behind the gambling operation - had paid programmer Hong a 100,000 baht monthly salary while he was getting only 30,000 baht.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-26

korea2.JPG

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Daily News said that the reason for Kim being upset with Cho was that he found out that Cho - the investor behind the gambling operation - had paid programmer Hong a 100,000 baht monthly salary while he was getting only 30,000 baht.

I’d have just asked for a pay raise.

Cho Mai Hun

Hong Chun Kim

Kim Sang Hun

San Yong Yang

My brain's boiling.

Are the police sure they've got everybody? There might be more involved or at least might serve as valuable witnesses. For example...

Chim Hang Song

Yang Ying Yung

Hong Ming Chung

San Hong Kim

Chun Kim Wong, and perhaps also

Sung Wai Hang

4 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Cho Mai Hun

Hong Chun Kim

Kim Sang Hun

San Yong Yang

My brain's boiling.

Are the police sure they've got everybody? There might be more involved or at least might serve as valuable witnesses. For example...

Chim Hang Song

Yang Ying Yung

Hong Ming Chung

San Hong Kim

Sung Wai Hang

And don’t forget Won Hung Low ????

4 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Cho Mai Hun

Hong Chun Kim

Kim Sang Hun

San Yong Yang

My brain's boiling.

Chim Hang Song

Yang Ying Yung

Hong Ming Chung

San Hong Kim

Sung Wai Hang

In 1970, as a young reporter in California I asked police for the names of three jailed men of Spanish descent. I was told they were, "Jesus Rodriquez Hernando, Rodriguez Dominguez Esteban, Esteban Jesus Dominguez". I repeated it back and asked if that was correct. I was told. "It's something like that. It doesn't really matter. Can't tell one from the other." 

6 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

72k baht for a two story house with air con for one year?  sounds like a good deal. 

It will need a good bleach down and clean now though. I think the dead guy had dandruff as well because they found his Head and Shoulders!

Archived