Bar Events

qwertz

Pattaya is mighty quiet through the day, the beach sucks and I don't care much for pool life either. It's not so boring in Phuket as I generally meet up with with my Oz relatives but they bring all the kids and they do get bored. We do the Big C and Phuket City because the girls love to shop, then it's the snake farm or the islands etc. and even the kids have seen enough of that. Most of the time I sit around in bars like the other single guys waiting for sundown when the place really comes alive, especially in Pattaya, so I drink too much. Some bars in Patt organise booze cruises and runs (for which latter I'm too old) so I wondered, never having visited MTB yet (but I will) what kind of events MTB or connected bars have on offer. Is there a link or can anyone offer input. BTW, this is not whinging, I'd rather be bored there than occupied here.

qwertz: I know what you mean about being bored during the daytime - but there's more to Pattaya than just the nightlife. Have a look at this page. It lists a LOT of daytime activities.

Personally - my favourite way to spend the day (waiting for the other half to get out of bed) is to read a book. There's a great little bookshop in Sunni Plaza, run by Thais4life, a worthwhile charity, which has a large range of paperback in English.

Peter

Whatever happened to the Winchester in Jontiem? I rarely go to Pattaya but found this a nice afternoon venue. Pass by a few years and it's gone!

Winchester in Jomtien is still there. Its now called the Blind Beggar. Soi Wat Boon about 500metres from beach road.

Cheers Henry, I'll take a better look next time. Jay

Booze cruise, who organizes these? :unsure

Shamrock bar in Patt used to, don't know if they still do. Thanks for the input so far. Re. your comments, I do read a lot of books when I'm over there, I'm maybe not as active I ought to be though; Pattaya orphanage, got conned into doing a part rewire of the place many years ago by Papa Ray, great guy. That's not a bad suggestion, anyone know if he's still around? Golf 's not my thing, I tried it but I just couldn't get into it. Bowling I can do (tenpin), don't know if there's an alley in Phuket though. Anyway, I'm coming over long stay in September and I've resolved to take Thai lessons and whatever else I can study. Nightlife is not a problem, this I know already. Appreciate your comments and I know I'm not the only single guy who gets bored through the day, I only have to look at the faces in the bars when I stroll.

Edited by qwertz

Early mornings is Pattaya is a good time to strike up a conversation with a female street sweeper.

Some of them have twinkling eyes.....come to think of it....that's all I can see of them. :o

Don't laugh, but I've actually done this. They're fun to talk to.

golf is it.

I am moving to a more boring place than Pattaya; but, I am moving onto the golf course so I can get back into shape. Don't laugh. walking 3-1/2 miles a day can do wonders. You work the legs, abdominals and lower and higer back on a golf swing.

I am choosing to live away from Sukhumvit so I don't end up like the lot of other bored sods.

golf is it.

I am moving to a more boring place than Pattaya; but, I am moving onto the golf course so I can get back into shape. Don't laugh. walking 3-1/2 miles a day can do wonders. You work the legs, abdominals and lower and higer back on a golf swing.

...if your lower back can just hold together... :o

Pattaya is mighty quiet through the day, the beach sucks and I don't care much for pool life either. It's not so boring in Phuket as I generally meet up with with my Oz relatives but they bring all the kids and they do get bored. We do the Big C and Phuket City because the girls love to shop, then it's the snake farm or the islands etc. and even the kids have seen enough of that. Most of the time I sit around in bars like the other single guys waiting for sundown when the place really comes alive, especially in Pattaya, so I drink too much. Some bars in Patt organise booze cruises and runs (for which latter I'm too old) so I wondered, never having visited MTB yet (but I will) what kind of events MTB or connected bars have on offer. Is there a link or can anyone offer input. BTW, this is not whinging, I'd rather be bored there than occupied here.

I hear you ! when I first arrived Thailand my drinking escalated to unsustainable levels.

So here are my tips ,

Buy a motorbike, they are great fun for sightseeing surrounding landscape plus you can save valuable taxi monies when “bar hopping” at night time.

I would suggest Honda Wave 125 Automatic and move up from there. Beach road has a large selection of Sports Bikes, My current favorite is Honda CBR 600, very fast !!!

Another hobby of mine is doing weights at the gym for maybe 1 hour. But remember you need to get in the zone or you will get bored and give up

I find drinking red bull prior helps to fire me up ( avoid alcohol least 5 hours before). I don’t care for protein shakes as they are expensive. You can eat raw eggs as substitute.

This also has the benefit of when you go drinking afterwards your body can “burn “ the alcohol twice as fast up to 4 hours after your workout.

Hope this input is of benifit :o

ps (post script) I see you are from Germany, I have alot of respect for Germany as they are a very intelligent race BMW, Mercedes etc etc

getting up late is the answer for me. unfortunately some ppl go out and shoot russian girls instead.

Quote qwertz: Hey, I don't get so bored I couldn't have thought of a better use for them! Sorry to speak ill of the dead.

Quote Jeffery: I hear you ! when I first arrived Thailand my drinking escalated to unsustainable levels.

So here are my tips ,

Buy a motorbike, they are great fun for sightseeing surrounding landscape plus you can save valuable taxi monies when "bar hopping" at night time.

I would suggest Honda Wave 125 Automatic and move up from there. Beach road has a large selection of Sports Bikes, My current favorite is Honda CBR 600, very fast !!!

Another hobby of mine is doing weights at the gym for maybe 1 hour. But remember you need to get in the zone or you will get bored and give up

I find drinking red bull prior helps to fire me up ( avoid alcohol least 5 hours before). I don't care for protein shakes as they are expensive. You can eat raw eggs as substitute.

This also has the benefit of when you go drinking afterwards your body can "burn " the alcohol twice as fast up to 4 hours after your workout.

ps (post script) I see you are from Germany, I have alot of respect for Germany as they are a very intelligent race BMW, Mercedes etc etc

Quote qwertz:

Jeffery, thank you for your input and your praise of German engineering skills which I also endorse, although I'm English but also fairly intelligent, I think. I should mention that the girls here are kind of foxy too and very sporting. I envy you your life in the fast lane but as I'm soon to be a pensioner I would have to pass on pumping iron. The idea of bar crawling on a sickle does appeal, I'm more into off roaders though. My problem is that when I drink and drive I seem to fall off a lot. The Thais are very kind, as you know, and always help me up again but it messes up my clothes big time. Perhaps you have a solution to this small problem. Red Bull is top but when I drink this through the day I get a raging appetite for red meat and coitus with young girls, both of which are not good for my high blood pressure. Jeffery, I read your threads avidly and I will seek you out on my arrival in Pattaya, I'm sure I won't be bored with you around during the day. Thank you once again from my heart for your gracious input.

Edited by qwertz

I hear you ! when I first arrived Thailand my drinking escalated to unsustainable levels.

So here are my tips ,

Buy a motorbike, they are great fun for sightseeing surrounding landscape plus you can save valuable taxi monies when "bar hopping" at night time.

I find drinking red bull prior helps to fire me up ( avoid alcohol least 5 hours before). I don't care for protein shakes as they are expensive. You can eat raw eggs as substitute.

This also has the benefit of when you go drinking afterwards your body can "burn " the alcohol twice as fast up to 4 hours after your workout.

Are you for real man?

Some of your posts are very entertaining reading. Some of your posts are on the other side of unbelievable. Them doors man, once you been to the other side..Do you walk the walk the same as you talk the talk?

I honestly cannot begin to understand what you were thinking when you typed a comment (in bold above) like that to the "handicapped" (sorry for making a joke on your recent operation) member "Qwertz".

Soundman.

post-41194-1172581245.gif

No offence taken, soundman, either from you or jeffery. And I'm truly handicapped at the moment, typing here with right hand and left elbow and confined to the house (can't drive). Now that's what I call really boring so I appreciate the input and the forum is my window on the world right now, keep it up. At least it proves my point that there's a lot of single guys out there who get bored without a wife to keep them busy. Worst of, my drinking buddy is in hospital for ten days with an injured knee so no visits with six pack either.

Ever read "Dice Man" by Luke Reinhart? Excellent book, and a rather seditious reference too, if you have time and some money on your hands. Just read the book. :o

Thanks for the tip kmart, I can get the English version through Amazon.