Lawyer to help with power of attorney

lelapin

I had a Dutch friend who lived several years in Pattaya, recently die and a member of his family has come to Thailand from Holland to obtain power of attorney to be able to access his assets. Does anyone know of a lawyer in Pattaya who could provide this service in a professional manner.

No I don't have a specific name, however if there's enough time can I suggest approaching a couple of the large Thai accounting firms, specific to Pattaya, and see if they can help witht he ocumen you need.

I'm well aware of this from the past, a qualified CPA lady (Thai), since passed away, she was highly experienced in many matters, wills, company start-up, work permits and more.

Why do i mention this? Many Thai lawyers charge utterly outrageous fees for what are essentially very simple mechanical documents. Foreign lawyers operating here the same or even much more expensive. 

Different point, did the deceased man leave a will written in Thailand? If yes is there an agency named in the will in terms of seeking the appropriate documents from the Thai court?

Edited by scorecard

A power of attorney is not whats needed.  Will or not it must go through Thai court to obtain necessary court order awarding family member deceased persons assets in Thailand.  To start process family will need to hire lawyer to file necessary court papers to obtain court date.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ballbreaker said:

A power of attorney is not whats needed.  Will or not it must go through Thai court to obtain necessary court order awarding family member deceased persons assets in Thailand.  To start process family will need to hire lawyer to file necessary court papers to obtain court date.

Thanks for advice

• 3 weeks later...

A post in violation of the following has been removed:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

You need to start the probate process which will end in a court order to allow the executor (administrator) of the Estate to distribute all assets. If you have a Last Will

or possibly a court-probate from NL, it will simplify the situation. One way or another you will need a trustworthy lawyer, who is not gonna take advantage of you not being  here

during the process, that will take 4-6 months. I will pm you a firm, that has done several probates on my behalf and is not only trustworthy, but also 100% reliable and 

professional. They will explain you all details in a first talk and then you can decide which way to go.  Regards.  MS>