How long is a land crossing visa valid 15 or 30 days

I’m from UK and had visa waiver at Bangkok airport which expires 7 March 2019 I’m in Hat Yai and was thinking of doing a visa run via Pedang Besar tomorrow to get another visa before I fly back from Bangkok on 19 th March if it’s only for 15 days I’ll have to change plans and get an extension here in Hat Yai or carry on to Malaysia on my bike for a few weeks before returning to Thailand thanks for your advice

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

It's called "visa exempt" and it gives you 30 days

Many thanks hostel owner has just phoned immigration and he said have to spend one night in Padang Besar then return following day and as you said it’s for 30 days someone in hostel said 15 days thanks for your help

18 minutes ago, Dynosirfon said:

Many thanks hostel owner has just phoned immigration and he said have to spend one night in Padang Besar then return following day and as you said it’s for 30 days someone in hostel said 15 days thanks for your help

It was 15 days for some nationals for a while, but it is 30 days whether you enter by land border or air. But you are only allowed 2 land VE entries per calendar year.

• Like 1

I believe some nationalities get 15 days, some 30. Easy to check with Google who gets what, Canadians get 30 days (I’ve been doing land entries to Thailand for several years now, so I know). 

Correct that 2 land entries per calendar year is the max, but I read in these forums that that was being scrapped (at least temporarily) and replaced by unlimited land entries per calendar year. 

Does anyone have an update on that? Thanks.

Edited by anexpat
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, anexpat said:

I believe some nationalities get 15 days, some 30. Easy to check with Google who gets what, Canadians get 30 days (I’ve been doing land entries to Thailand for several years now, so I know). 

All nationalities that qualify for a standard visa exempt entry get 30 days now. The 15 day entry rule was rescinded when the 2 entries per calendar year rule at land border crossings went into effect. 

1 hour ago, anexpat said:

Correct that 2 land entries per calendar year is the max, but I read in these forums that that was being scrapped (at least temporarily) and replaced by unlimited land entries per calendar year. 

That was never approved and will not be done.

16 hours ago, Dynosirfon said:

was thinking of doing a visa run via Pedang Besar tomorrow to get another visa

It's called a visa exempt entry because you're allowed to enter without a visa.

16 hours ago, Dynosirfon said:

if it’s only for 15 days I’ll have to change plans and get an extension here in Hat Yai

Not sure why you prefer to do a border crossing as opposed to getting a 30 extension in Thailand unless you particularly want to travel outside Thailand.

4 hours ago, Justin Side said:

Yes. 30 days for everyone entitled to a Visa Exempt Entry.

http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/filemanager/VISA/Visa on Arrival/VOA.pdf

That’s not entirely correct. You are referring specifically to the Tourist Visa Exempt Scheme.

There are some nationals that can enter without a visa (visa exemption) under bilateral agreements who are given 14, 30 or 90 days.