Russians, Chinese lead foreign arrivals to Thailand

rooster59

52 minutes ago, Ochomo said:

I must tell you that this is a very racist place. Funny thing is the most racist posters always claim to not be racist which basically means, "do not point out that am being racist!". In their thinking, how dare Thailand receive tourists from anywhere apart from Europe and how dare these tourists behave differently? 

most Westerners in TH simply adopt to their extremely racist TH environment so that the two will get along happily

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ochomo said:

In their thinking, how dare Thailand receive tourists from anywhere apart from Europe and how dare these tourists behave differently? 

That's up to Thais, but every one is entitled to expressing their opinion on these non-Euro tourists and their habits. A lot of them behave badly, put that one on lack of education and culture. I remember somewhere in the late 70's/early 80's Germans were know as buffet robbers. They learned and got civilized. I doubt the Chinese or Russians will be as quick, communism destroyed whatever manners they had.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, thurien said:

most Westerners in TH simply adopt to their extremely racist TH environment so that the two will get along happily

Absolute balderdash.

Most Westerners have NOT adopted ANYTHING as you say - it is their normal character. Other than the Westerners, all others are sub-human as they say. Disgusting and shameless behaviour.

Edit

The insults they aim at the Russians, Chinese, Thais itself are hard and absolute proof.

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ravip said:

Absolute balderdash.

Most Westerners have NOT adopted ANYTHING as you say - it is their normal character. Other than the Westerners, all others are sub-human as they say. Disgusting and shameless behaviour.

Edit

The insults they aim at the Russians, Chinese, Thais itself are hard and absolute proof.

Goodness me...you are tarring us all with the same brush..

My step-niece is in there somewhere and i am very proud of her.

Of course,you could always post a photo-so very easy to do these days..

DSCN7786.JPG

DSCN7784.JPG

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Racist post IMO.

Someones confused, or intoxicated.

Edit

It would be very helpful, if you could explain what racism is in YOUR OPINION. It will make it more easier to comprehend your posts

Edited by ravip

7 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Goodness me...you are tarring us all with the same brush..

My step-niece is in there somewhere and i am very proud of her.

Of course,you could always post a photo-so very easy to do these days..

DSCN7786.JPG

DSCN7784.JPG

I said "Most Westerners". Sorry, I NEVER will generalise.

Edited by ravip

For   Ginjag , a few facts to help him see better:  Chinese come to visit Thailand on package tours, with a group, short stay ,in hotels ,meals included , they don't need to go and get food from other places , again they are taken by tour operators to visit here and there, why should they rent a car or a bike ? Why should they rent beach chairs if they feel good  sitting on the sand, natural. The Westerners  are integrating with the Thais ? hmm, they  are two different worlds - it takes lot of understanding of other culture, and tolerance too to get integrated into it . The comments from the Western farangs in Thai visa are full of sarcasm, and ridicule for the Thais. Again it looks to me all these resentful farangs  have more relaxed and more pleasant life here than in their countries. They must feel threatened by the Chinese and the Russians

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BestB said:

They should speak English because it’s an international language to communicate with others including locals when they visit foreign country 

While a lot of people around the world do speak English (mainly due to the old Colonial Empire) it's no more an international language than Mandarin which incidentally more people speak. Unless you are an airline pilot where I grant you English is THE international language, I wouldn't visit somewhere like Thailand and expect the locals to speak English. That's just presumption.

9 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

While a lot of people around the world do speak English (mainly due to the old Colonial Empire) it's no more an international language than Mandarin which incidentally more people speak.

The clue of international is in the "inter". Mandarin is intra. F.ex. you can understand me now because I'm writing in English, which is not my native tongue. I write it because I know you can read it and I'm taking a wild guess it you wouldn't understand Finnish. That's what international means, not somebody from Beijing trying to cope with Mandarin In Hong Kong with varying success.

• Like 1

What's the reason for the obsession with league tables regarding the origin of tourists , and why do so many people on here get upset about it if Chinese or Russian tourist numbers are said to increase? Do they feel a sense of nationalistic shame if their own countries aren't mentioned? It really is bizarre! It may have some bearing on the Thai tourism boards policy for example but how can it be of any concern to another tourist or expat?