Visa Run - This Time They Gave A Red Date Stamp

I entered on a 60 day tourist visa.

I extended at immigration for 30 days.

I went on 1 visa run and got 30 days, the stamp had a highlight in the corner. And the date was stamped in blue.

I went on 1 more visa run. The highlight part at the type right of the stamp has a 2.

I got 30 days, but, this date stamp for Feb xx is RED. The officer said, "Your visa is expired."

I only went to Cam 2 times. On this visa.

Is a red date stamp common? Or is that the final stamp?

I worry that if I go on a visa run I wont get 30 days. Thinking I should go and apply for another Tourist Visa...

I dont have my passport with me now, so I cant check if it was within 6 months....

but I did go to Cambodia after entering on a visa excemption several months before I got this visa.

I entered on a 60 day tourist visa.

I extended at immigration for 30 days.

I went on 1 visa run and got 30 days, the stamp had a highlight in the corner. And the date was stamped in blue.

I went on 1 more visa run. The highlight part at the type right of the stamp has a 2.

I got 30 days, but, this date stamp for Feb xx is RED. The officer said, "Your visa is expired."

I only went to Cam 2 times. On this visa.

Is a red date stamp common? Or is that the final stamp?

I worry that if I go on a visa run I wont get 30 days. Thinking I should go and apply for another Tourist Visa...

I dont have my passport with me now, so I cant check if it was within 6 months....

but I did go to Cambodia after entering on a visa excemption several months before I got this visa.

It's gone a little strange, I got a visa exemption this week without doing the full 90 days with a tourist visa. I suggest you go to the nearest immigration office and inquire, might save yourself a trip to Lao or Malaysia if they tell you a run to the nearest border will get you another exemption.

Well, since October, I had 2 VOA's visa-exempt entries, went to Penang end of November got 2 months + 1 month extension, all till 27 february. So a couple of days ago I went to the border thinking I could get another 30 day VOA visa-exempt entry??? Nope, they gave me 4 days and told me to go to Penang to aplly for another TR visa. So here I am, in Penang right now waiting for my TR visa which I can pick up tomorrow.

I remember though last October reading that we could do another 3 VOA's visa-exempt entries after a TR visa??? The IMM works in mysterious ways.

Edited by maestro
Corrected visa terminology for better unerstanding

Well, since October, I had 2 VOA's visa-exempt entries, went to Penang end of November got 2 months + 1 month extension, all till 27 february. So a couple of days ago I went to the border thinking I could get another 30 day VOA visa-exempt entry??? Nope, they gave me 4 days and told me to go to Penang to aplly for another TR visa. So here I am, in Penang right now waiting for my TR visa which I can pick up tomorrow.

I remember though last October reading that we could do another 3 VOA's visa-exempt entries after a TR visa??? The IMM works in mysterious ways.

Which border did you go to likewise?

I went to Mae Sai immigration first, took my wife to 'translate' etc and they sent me down to the Tachilek crossing. Got an exemption, no problem.

Well, since October, I had 2 VOA's visa-exemt entries, went to Penang end of November got 2 months + 1 month extension, all till 27 february. So a couple of days ago I went to the border thinking I could get another 30 day VOA visa-exemt entrie??? Nope, they gave me 4 days and told me to go to Penang to aplly for another TR visa. So here I am, in Penang right now waiting for my TR visa which I can pick up tomorrow.

I remember though last October reading that we could do another 3 VOA's visa-exemt entries after a TR visa??? The IMM works in mysterious ways.

I have almost the exact same history... One visa exemption in October, a Tourist visa from Penang in November which expired Feb 20.

On Feb 20 I did a visa run to Ban Leam, Cambodia and was given another 30 day visa exemption with no problem. This one had a number 2, so I assume I'm entitled to one more.

You must have had bad luck and gotten an officer that didn't understand the rules. Which border was it?

Edited by jeebusjones

this was at Satun "wang prachan" border. I guess like you say he didn't undertand the rules, he kept his decision to give me 4 days and told me to go to Penang. Should get my visa today. According to the IMM officer at the border in satun, I can get 3 VOA's after my second Tr visa. Wait and see. :o

this was at Satun "wang prachan" border. I guess like you say he didn't undertand the rules, he kept his decision to give me 4 days and told me to go to Penang. Should get my visa today. According to the IMM officer at the border in satun, I can get 3 VOA's after my second Tr visa. Wait and see. :o

Try to make it easy for all parties concerned and prepare a small piece of paper and list all your entries and exit .

Only entries after 1st of October 2006 count. Between 1.10.2006 and 1.4.2007 you are allowed t0 stay for 90days on a visa exempt stamp.

They count days . You can stay each time up to 30days.

Can I just check my situation if anyone knows.

My understanding as someone said is you can now swap between tourist visas and border runs. So in effect in one year you could get tourist visa + extension (90 days), 3 border runs (90 days), another TV + ext (90 days), then 3 more border runs (90 days) = one year etc

I did a border run about a week before beginning of Oct last year. Then did 2 more, and then left to get TV from Savanaket near end of Dec (I didn't stay the full 90 days on those border runs so it came to about 80 days in total). I got TV ok, and got it extended. It now expires about 16th March.

So my understanding is that I can now go and do 3 more border runs. Is this others understanding? (obviously some particular immigration officer could put a spanner in the works, but the above is what I now understood was ok to do now).

Thanks

Can I just check my situation if anyone knows.

My understanding as someone said is you can now swap between tourist visas and border runs. So in effect in one year you could get tourist visa + extension (90 days), 3 border runs (90 days), another TV + ext (90 days), then 3 more border runs (90 days) = one year etc

I did a border run about a week before beginning of Oct last year. Then did 2 more, and then left to get TV from Savanaket near end of Dec (I didn't stay the full 90 days on those border runs so it came to about 80 days in total). I got TV ok, and got it extended. It now expires about 16th March.

So my understanding is that I can now go and do 3 more border runs. Is this others understanding? (obviously some particular immigration officer could put a spanner in the works, but the above is what I now understood was ok to do now).

Thanks

Without knowing exact dates, I would guess that you'll be entitled to at least one more visa exemption, possibly two.

Only the visa exemption stamps after October 1 are counted, so you should only count two. Your three month tourist visa brings you to March 16. Since it hasn't yet been 6 months, you'll be able to do one more visa exemption, MAYBE two depending on the dates of your previous visa exemption stamps.

I would plan to do another trip for a tourist visa after your next visa exemption.

Got the tourist visa in Penang?