MX9 Pro TV box shows strange menu

Agusts

Well, I'm not having much luck with anything these days, everything seems to be breaking down on me....!

Today after a couple of weeks of not using the MX9 Pro (Android TV box),  I switched it ON, it comes on as usual, but the (standard) remote doesn't work correctly , many buttons don't do anything and some other ones show a sliding menu from left like in the photo I attached...!!!!? 

Never had this before,  pulled the plug and waited a few minutes, same again, put new batteries on remote, same,  opened the remote, nothing inside really, except a small IC , not much that can go wrong...

But I still suspect the remote, the batteries were a bit damaged/leaked when I looked, so I cleaned and changed them but maybe it has caused an issue, or the communication between them is failing for some reason...

I have a S6 Samsung, I think it has IR and can be used as remote, so I was going to try that next...

Any other ideas...!? It's so weird ...

20190302_210907.jpg

Looks like the remote is damaged, o hooked up a mouse and it works.

It's just strange that the remote does something with some buttons,  I would have thought it either works or dies completely...

Need to look for a remote replacement - after less than a year ...! 

Yes, ordinary wireless mouse is working even better than remote, but you need a small surface to move it on, also how do you go to Home or change Volume or shutdown...! ? 

Although I got my Samsung S6 phone to connect and CetusPlayer app is very comprehensive...

On 3/3/2019 at 2:06 AM, Agusts said:

Looks like the remote is damaged, o hooked up a mouse and it works.

It's just strange that the remote does something with some buttons,  I would have thought it either works or dies completely...

Need to look for a remote replacement - after less than a year ...! 

Leaking batteries can do this most of the time.........................:wink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Leaking batteries can do this most of the time.........................:wink:

Most probably, although no sign of damage when I opened it, and some keys send signal, but totally wrong signal....last year I had a TV remote playing up, misbehaving a bit , but not completely dead, after scratching my head for days I thought I replace the batteries with new ones, even though the batteries in there were not dead and still working,  it started to work perfectly with new batteries, it just wouldn't die with low battery like other remotes....!!!

I'm kind of happy with my notebook remote mouse and Samsung phone controlling it now,  so in time will look into getting a dedicated air mouse remote for it...