Single-entry Non-B visa coherent info

Trying to read everywhere and can not get a coherent clear consistent information about the single entry B.

I am talking about the visa where I don't work for someone but have my own business.

Things I still don't get about this visa :

1. What type of business can we applied with? an online business with customers in Thailand that already have revenue to show is good ?

2. What do we really need to show in order to get it? they say "show a registered business" but how can we register it without a visa ?

3. What are more or less the total costs ? i read online that total is around 10-15k, but a friend said its 40-50k (for 2 partners)

4. Do we must leave the country to make the single entry business visa(we are here and have 2 months now) ?

5. How long it really take? is it really 3 days as Thai government say ?

Thanks.

1. There are two different reasons for a non-b visa to be issued. One for business purposes and another for working.

See: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"B"-(for-Business-and.html

2. To work with a work permit it has to be a registered company. You can set up a company with tourist visa.

3. A single entry non-b visa is 2000 baht and a multiple entry is 5000 baht. The fee for a one year work permit is 3000 baht.

The cost of setting up a company varies dependenent upon the cost for a lawyer or agent or a accountant to help get it set up. 

4. It is possible to get a 90 day non immigrant vis visa (category B) entry at immigration based upon qualifying  to apply for a one year extension of stay. See here for the requirements. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_72

But most people leave the country to get a single entry non-b visa at a embassy or consulate since the requirements are less stringent.

5. I would say weeks to set up a company, apply for a work permit and the a non-b visa.

Thanks very much.

More or less - to get an idea if this direction is worth it - how much everything should cost ? is it in the >10K or >30K ?

Is this something that get a lot of "denied" stamps or have a good success rates?

Most important - can any type of company get registered ? even if I sell snacks online ? (I AM NOT)

Again, wondering what is the catch here ? otherwise everyone here would use it..

The company has to have a registered capital of 4 million baht and 4 Thai employees to get a work permit.

To get a a one year extension of stay would requires minimum salary of 50k baht for you to get an extension of stay.

I would say the cost to set it up could be greater than 30k baht.

As long as you have the correct paperwork there would be no denials

Thanks, I have doubt about the “4 Thai employee”. I believe it is the dry law, but most of the people around me with B, have no single employee other than themselves, and said they did not have any capital when started.

Pretty sure it is easier , will visit an agency and see what I actually need.

1 hour ago, Rob4 said:

Thanks, I have doubt about the “4 Thai employee”. I believe it is the dry law, but most of the people around me with B, have no single employee other than themselves, and said they did not have any capital when started.

Pretty sure it is easier , will visit an agency and see what I actually need.

Three different things to consider - "Non-B Visa" - "Non-B Extension of Stay from Immigration" - "Work Permit".  Each have separate conditions, though the last 2 can be interdependent, in some cases.

You will need the 4 employees to get a work-permit, unless the business is co-owned with a Thai wife, in which case each labor-office invents it's own different rules/conditions sometimes allowing fewer Thai employees.

Beware an agency who says they will "fix it all up for you" in a way which is not 100% legal (required actual-capital, "real" employees, etc).  You can end up in trouble, as I have seen reported here by others, including banning of entry.

Start to look like here people make things harder than they really are ????

its the second time I hear from people in real life that details provided here where too neurotic. Both B visa SETV visa, and ED visa. 

Seems that some people want to make it harder. Not sure why.

i asked 2 large (very) agencies.

1. No need to show 4m THB

2. No need to have 4 Thai

3. It’s actually just money and visa runs.

Talked with those who made it, non had any problem or being detained.

all legal.

Also being “employed” by someone- easy and only money. Like everything in TH.

yes, this can happen and that can happen..

Lets see.