Mult entry retirement extension granted but

assuming for a first time mult entry retirement viva extension is granted after 3 months (had us embassy letter and 65k baht transfers x 3 months then travel outside of thailand for several months. is visa still valid upon return being that did not report or show further financial evidence?

sorry if this is a stupid or ignorant question.

There is no requirement to show financial proof until you apply for your next extension of stay.

You do not have to do reports of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country unless you stay that long.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

then travel outside of thailand for several months. is visa still valid upon return

15 minutes ago, overherebc said:

take it you have a one year extension of stay and a multi re-entry permit? ( cost 3800 baht ) 

Well justified question as there is no " mult entry retirement viva extension".

The retirement extension (not visa) is valid for (a stay of) one year.

It would be void as soon as you leave the country.

To keep the extension valid you would need to apply for the multi re-entry permit as mentioned.

You could then leave/enter the country as often as you like until the expiry date.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, overherebc said:

I take it you have a one year extension of stay and a multi re-entry permit? ( cost 3800 baht )

i assume the extension of stay will be granted. can re-entry permits not be had at airports in thailand?

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement to show financial proof until you apply for your next extension of stay.

You do not have to do reports of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country unless you stay that long.

Ubonjoe, does that mean that on being granted an Extension of Stay for one year, you then left Thailand for say 8 months, provided you have a reentry permit, you just come back, doing 90 day reports as required and renewing your extension at the appropriate date?  

Edited by Pilotman

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
23 minutes ago, atyclb said:

i assume the extension of stay will be granted. can re-entry permits not be had at airports in thailand?

Yes, at main International Airports.

can it be obtained 1 day or more prior to actual flight? what about if exiting at a land border?

1 minute ago, atyclb said:

can it be obtained 1 day or more prior to actual flight? what about if exiting at a land border?

A re-entry permit at a airport can only be applied for on departure from the country. The desks are located after the security check.

There are only a few border crossings that have a re-entry permit desk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atyclb said:

No, you pretty much have to get it on your way out. If you want it prior you must visit an immigration office. Some land crossings offer this facility but I am unsure which.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A re-entry permit at a airport can only be applied for on departure from the country. The desks are located after the security check.

There are only a few border crossings that have a re-entry permit desk.

i assume poipet has one? as it is a major land border

Just now, atyclb said:

i assume poipet has one? as it is a major land border

Yes it has one.

The others are Nong Khai, Mukdahan and I assume Sadao as well. There may be others but I have never seen a list of them.

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Always thought you could get a re-entry permit at the same office as you get your extension and on the same day.

Have things changed?

Your correct. The op asked about re at airport. Actually, do all imm offices provide reentry permits? Not sure

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Thanks 1