30 day visa exemption, always 30 day?

Thanks for the help,

I looked but don't see the answer.

Is that always 30 days or can they give less days?

(I know they can deny altogether, and I've heard of folks in trouble just getting 7 days)

This is my question: if  produced proof of onward travel that's 2 weeks in the future, do they ever just give the 2 weeks or is an automatic 30 days (if all else goes well)?

I've got a burner Tix and would prob extend so...

12 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you come from a country they only give 15 days, and not 30? 

There is no exemption for 15-day. For 55 countries, it is 30-day and for Korea, Brazil, Peru, Argentina and Chile will get 90 days.

Edited by onera1961
  • Thanks 2

Thanks folks!

I appreciate it.

Years ago I wandered into Mexico and said the wrong thing and the IO happily shorted me days, at that time they could write whatever they wanted (probably still can) and wise folks would slip them some pesos to grease the wheels...

1 hour ago, YogaVeg said:

Is that always 30 days or can they give less days?

(I know they can deny altogether, and I've heard of folks in trouble just getting 7 days)

This is my question: if  produced proof of onward travel that's 2 weeks in the future, do they ever just give the 2 weeks or is an automatic 30 days (if all else goes well)?

The maximum they can give is 30 days. However, they can give any number of days up to 30 days. 

They will, usually, only give less if they are not happy that your reason for entry is genuinely tourism. 

They will still give 30 days even if you have a flight out dated within 2 weeks.

55 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

There is no exemption for 15-day. For 55 countries, it is 30-day and for Korea, Brazil, Peru, Argentina and Chile will get 90 days.

It can be 14, 30 or 90 depending on nationality.