Getting Married & Long Term Visa

hello there hope your having good day i'm holding Pakistani passport want to get married with my Thai gf we are in relation from last 4 years now i wanna get rid of short terms visa and marry her so i can stay with her for long time i'm in my country at the moment flying to thai soon i got my documents which i need to get marry in thai that was hard work and took almost 10 days to get them i know what to do next in thailand but i do not understand one thing about bank account that step is confusing can someone guide me how i can get visa after getting married with my gf i just need to stay with her i need no work permits i have my own business in pakistan and i can sit and eat all life i just need long term visa to stay with my wife in land of smile 

There is really no long term visa you can apply for other that a multiple entry non-o visa issued by a embassy or consulate. In your case you would have to apply for it in Pakistan.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon marriage to a Thai. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months in your name only or proof of 40k baht income.

Opening a bank account can be difficult but not impossible. After you get married your wife may be able to help by acting as your reference to open an account.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is really no long term visa you can apply for other that a multiple entry non-o visa issued by a embassy or consulate. In your case you would have to apply for it in Pakistan.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon marriage to a Thai. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months in your name only or proof of 40k baht income.

Opening a bank account can be difficult but not impossible. After you get married your wife may be able to help by acting as your reference to open an account.

i have 3 questions in my mind 

1.they can issue me 1 year extension every year without any trouble?

2.do i need 400k in my bank account for 2 months after that i can apply for extension? 

3.what do you mean by proof of 40k bhat income i have my online business as well which can earn more than 40k a month can i show them as well?

17 minutes ago, danilay said:

They can issue a 1 year extension every year but it's generally loads of trouble, depending on how corrupt the immigration office nearest your home.

In Chiang Mai it's so much trouble I gave up and got VISAs from neighbouring countries rather than face the hell my wife and I had to endure under CM immigration.

If I were from Pakistan and could live anywhere and eat ...... I'd try Cambodia, easy VISA for you and your Thai gf/wife ($300/year). I met lots of people from the Indian continent living in Siam Reap.

You didn't say if you were Muslim which may affect your choice of destination.

People on this forum may not be able to give appropriate advice for non-Christian expats.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

They can issue a 1 year extension every year but it's generally loads of trouble, depending on how corrupt the immigration office nearest your home.

In Chiang Mai it's so much trouble I gave up and got VISAs from neighbouring countries rather than face the hell my wife and I had to endure under CM immigration.

udon thani immigration seems very nice and gentle i face them twice and had very good experience but i dont know do i need to keep the 400K forever or just whenever i need visa put in account 400K 2 months before or what kind of proof i can give them that i earn more than 40k bhat month i'm also a Musician i have more than 1 income sources but none of them in Thailand very confused here.

15 minutes ago, danilay said:

2.do i need 400k in my bank account for 2 months after that i can apply for extension? 

3.what do you mean by proof of 40k bhat income i have my online business as well which can earn more than 40k a month can i show them as well?

1. Yes you can apply for a new extension every year.

2. Yes

But first you will need a non-o visa entry to apply for the extension. It can be applied for at immigration and at that time it will only have to be in that bank on the date you apply.

3. You would need proof of income by getting proof of income from your embassy if they will issue one. if you not you will to need to show proof the 40k baht monthly income going into a Thai bank.