Honda Dealers?

Tywais

Looks like I will need to get a new car after putting it off for too long. The auto gear box in my car has major problems now and will not shift to top gear so have to drive slow to keep the rpms down. The honda website shows 3 dealers in the Chiangmai area - one on the way to Hang Dong (near where I live), one at the intersection of the superhighway and San Kaempaeng (near Macro), and a 3rd(?).

Planning on the Civic 2.0 - Which would be the best dealer to purchase from in terms of deals and after purchase support? How long to expect delivery of a 2.0? Also, financing - would like to make automatic payments through Bangkok Bank account - do they support this? I plan on 50% down payment, my understanding with this it will not be necessary to have a guarantor signature?

Last question regarding my current car. In order to sell it will have to get the transmission repaired/replaced. Estimated costs for this (I vaguely remember being told 8,000 baht for a 2nd hand transmission)? Any recommended shops to do this? It's a Nissan Bluebird SSS 2.0 liter turbo charged. This is one of the best cars I've owned and hate to lose it but I need reliability back for getting to work.

I had a transmission problem some weeks ago...see this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105312

As far as Honda dealers go, to my knowledge there are only the two that you have mentioned. I have had work done at the one on the Superhighway (head office) and also servicing done at the one on the Hang Dong road. I found nobody at the Superhighway spoke English, and technical Thai can be difficult. There is however, a young lady at the Hang Dong branch that speaks very good English, and is a great help with everything. She works in both sales and servicing.

Sorry no clues on financing..MM

There is a japanese car parts import warehouse heading toward sankampeng , if you look right you should shop a large shop with car parts .

that place should be able to sell you the parts and install it .

of cos you can also go to a local workshop -

in my case i would suggest the one i go .

if you want more info just Pm me .

good luck .

> Planning on the Civic 2.0 - Which would be the best dealer to purchase from

> in terms of deals and after purchase support?

I don't think it matters. Warranty is from the factory, so you can get it serviced anywhere. The dealer giving you the best price/includied options isn't necessarily the best/most convenient for servicing, so these are separate issues:

1. Decide where you buy based on price/options

2. Decide where you want to do service checks.

We use Hang Dong Road branch for buying and servicing...(and repairs unfortunatley) ..very professional and the supervisor (Poo Ying) speaks English.

You can get a 3 year breakdown warranty...(for free if you push it) means that they will repair your car in the event of a breakdown 24 hours..Toyota dont do this...they say it's becuase their cars do not break down as often as Honda's !!!!!

Civic...nice choice

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry for being late responding, was informed this afternoon they need a report from me "tomorrow"!

Guess I'll check them both out and see which offers the best 'freebies' in the deal. And, Maejo Man, I do now remember a discussion on trans since you mentioned it so will search for the topic (BTW your link doesn't work).

//edit - found the link, thanks for reminding me of it MM.

Edited by tywais

An update. Went to the dealer on Hang Dong road and it was pretty busy but was immediately greeted by a sales lady. Told here my interest in the 2.0 and we set down to discuss various issues and questions I had. As TP indicated, very professional and courteous. Asked her about a couple of extras I was interested in (backup sensors and window film). She told me 10,000 Baht can be used for them or taken off the price of the car.

She then listed the other extras that will be thrown in free on top of this (unfortunately, insurance wasn't one of them). The car comes in 3 interior colors which are based on the exterior color. She showed me Black and Beige interiors and I pointed out what about the Blue interior. She indicated that was last years model but when I pointed out in the book the blue she was very apologetic and supplied me with the combinations.

Told her I was working at CMU for 14 years with work permit and 50% down - she called up the finance company and they said no problem and no guarantor required. Several members have mentioned that but good to see it worked that way here. Will be going in Saturday for a test drive before making final decision. Biggest problem is color. At first I thought beige interior (leather) but understand that it is difficult to keep clean and my wife says it makes it too bright inside which I hadn't thought about.

The metallic blue exterior comes with blue leather and matching dash and panels. The problem with the beige was the dash was just dark grey and beige for everything else - just didn't look like a match. Yeah, the wife says black looks best - but on asking her who was going to wash it, she pointed to our dog. :o