Help Needed Quick

Hi all, need a bit of help quite quickly. I hope some of the regular posters on here can help.

I've recently got back from Bangkok to Nongkhai after visiting the visa application centre at Regent House where we have just applied for a tourist visa for my long term girlfriend. First of all, congratulations to the UK embassy and application centre for making the process so far very smooth. We were first into the centre and was dealt with within 25 minutes. Is this a record? The staff were very helpfull and believe it or not very organised.

Since returning, we have had a phone call asking my girlfriend to attend an interview at the embassy in a couple of weeks time, which I understand can be the norm. However, they told my girlfriend that she has to download some sort of ticket in order to attend the embassy. They asked us to visit www.ukvac-th.com where we can find this file to download, but I've spent hours trying to find this downloadable file. All I can find is application forms, which we have already filled in and given to the visa application centre.

Does anyone know what this file or ticket is that they are talking about?. We have tried calling the centre and embassy which is constantly engaged. They also mentioned that she has to pay more money. I thought that after paying the 3750 baht for the visa there was nothing else to be paid for?

I have not heard about downloading a ticket, but it is possible that if you choose the option to track the application that the interview time and date will be published there. You could try printing that off. Once you've paid the VFS service charge and the embassy application fee, there is no other charge.

Scouse.

Does anyone know what this file or ticket is that they are talking about?
Sorry, no. I have not personally had dealings with the VAC, but have not heard of this from anyone who has. Unless they mean the document checklist?
They also mentioned that she has to pay more money. I thought that after paying the 3750 baht for the visa there was nothing else to be paid for?
All you have to pay is the visa fee of 3750 baht and the VFS service charge of 425 baht plus 7% VAT. If you did not pay the service charge when you handed in the application then, from what I have been told, they would not have accepted the application.

This may sound silly, and no disrespect intended, but are you sure that the application was handed into the VAC and you weren't waylaid by the con artists masquerading as a visa agency who unfortunately operate in the same building?

Keep trying to contact the VAC. Check the contact details you have been given with those on the VAC website.

Edited by GU22

Hi,

When you go to the website click on the track your application link, type in her app number and passport number, it will then tell you she needs to attend an interview and it will offer you a downloadable letter, this is the ticket/file they are talking about.

mark

The embassy would be the first to contact her to inform that she needed an interview because there not allowed to discuss it with anyone else(data protection and all that) so it surely couldn't have been a dodgy visa angent/crook! Unless there getting really clever!

No idea.....?... Mark

Thanks to all you guys that have replied. Mark, thanks for the tip. We did look at the "tracking your application" option but wasnt aware we could print this out or download. I will have a look once I've posted this message.

We certainly havent been scammed either. We were aware of all the scammers who hang around outside and inside prior to going, and to be honest, it was so early in the morning the lazy thai buggers were probably still in bed :-p.

I dont think that we paid the 425 baht service charge but definately paid the 3750 baht application fee. And we definately had a call from the embassy as we have called the number back since. Thanks again all guys who have replied. I'll make sure the missus has plenty of money when she goes for the interview. Thanks again.