strange robbery on walking street

ed strong

So i was walking down walking street one morning it was daylight and about 6 am and i was returning back to hotel alone.

I noticed some young kids sat on the kerb they must have been about 4 or 5 years old, anyway they approached me and where messing round and i was rubbing there heads and didnt think much of it untill a minute after they left a women tapped me on the shoulder and said those kids have taken your money. I said dont be silly and put my hand into my side pocket of shorts and my money was indeed missing.....7,000 baht!

The kids where still sat on the side of the pavement and the lady said something to them in thai which was met with no response, then said something else and one the kids then produced my small wad of 1000 baht notes! these were returned and we went on our way.

I was a little shook up after the incident and needed a drink so took the lady that helped me for a couple of drinks!

She said they were Cambodian kids but i wasnt sure..

Is this normal to happen, not seen the kids since, although i dont make a habit of going home at 6am.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Kim J said:

"She said they were Cambodian kids but i wasnt sure".

Of course that goes without saying. No Thai would consider engaging in anything remotely dishonest.

Must be a fair few Cambodians that hang around the 2 7-11s near me, too then.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

The head is sacred in Thai culture. The OP was doing the wrong thing by rubbing their heads.

Yes he should have paid 50M baht, be decapitated and the skull placed on a stick. Such a severe offence. 

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Yes he should have paid 50M baht, be decapitated and the skull placed on a stick. Such a severe offence. 

Sarcasm should be used as a rapier. Bludgeons are rather passe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

Yes indeed. At the very least these drinks should have been followed up with a nice meal and a good porking.

As you are located in Pattaya, it's not surprising such thoughts should be uppermost in your mind.

21 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Is there really anything strange about encountering pickpockets near Walking Street? I dont think so.

I meant the part about getting the money back. I thought they all might have been in it together but no one has mentioned that, so ill dismiss that.

After a few drinks,  i was keen for her to return to my hotel (of course you understand, this was just a security measure.....i was still shook up ????

I did give her 2 grand and i think at least 3 bacardi breezers, so she did alright out of it.

That's what made me think they could have been in it together!

"So i was walking down walking street one morning it was daylight and about 6 am and i was returning back to hotel alone.

I noticed some young kids sat on the kerb they must have been about 4 or 5 years old,..."

Interestingly, neither the OP nor any posters find it strange that there are some young kids about 4 or 5 years old sitting on the Walking Street curb at 6am.

Edited by JimmyJ

1 hour ago, JimmyJ said:

Interestingly, neither the OP nor any posters find it strange that there are some young kids about 4 or 5 years old sitting on the Walking Street curb at 6am.

School starts early in Thailand.

I'm also usually getting up around that time.

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

As you are located in Pattaya, it's not surprising such thoughts should be uppermost in your mind.

As you are obviously NOT located in Pattaya (but nevertheless trawling the Pattaya threads relentlessly), your pontifically pious post is predictable.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

As you are obviously NOT located in Pattaya (but nevertheless trawling the Pattaya threads relentlessly), your pontifically pious post is predictable.

That's a new one, being accused of piety. Please proceed further with your prating persiflage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

That's a new one, being accused of piety. Please proceed further with your prating persiflage.

"...prating persiflage."

Whoa!

2 words to look up. (Although I'd heard "prate" somewhere and had a sense what that is. Still impressive though).